Author Topic: Acne on head  (Read 16249 times)

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
Re: Acne on head
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 02:14:38 PM »
...seriously how many people look at the back of someone's head.

Probably enough that you wouldn't wear a sticky note back there that reads, "Honk if you're horny." ;)

Well that is a little bit different Rob ;).
bald for life

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 02:26:23 PM »
...seriously how many people look at the back of someone's head.

Probably enough that you wouldn't wear a sticky note back there that reads, "Honk if you're horny." ;)

Well that is a little bit different Rob ;).
I thought about getting xyience bar coding tat'd on the back of my noogin but wife talked me out of when she pointed out I have professional career too.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline DayoftheDAWG86

• Rob
  • Learning the way of Sly
    • My myspace
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 05:24:13 PM »
Well I appreciate all of your advice, I finally made it into a dermatologist, after 2 canceled appointments from being stuck over at work, He has me using Neutrogena oil free, and 2 prescription topical creams, Ive been using this for about a week and I think its starting to work pretty well. I also have a prescription pill that he gave me I started it today, I dont really think I need it but i'll take it and see how it goes.... The neutrogena and the topical stuff definately is drying my scalp out a bit, I assume its still cool to use a moisturizer, or would that be working against what Im trying to do?  well thanks for all the advice I'll keep you posted
"What about the kick in the groin, everybody under estimates the kick in the groin man if you want to win a street fight thats the first thing to do"   Bas Rutten

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 05:27:38 PM »
I would refer to Dr Noner on this, but I don't see why it wouldn't hurt.

I'd check with yer dermatologist first, just in case. You never know what might interfere with what you're on already
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

spaceape48

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 08:15:28 PM »
Well I appreciate all of your advice, I finally made it into a dermatologist, after 2 canceled appointments from being stuck over at work, He has me using Neutrogena oil free, and 2 prescription topical creams, Ive been using this for about a week and I think its starting to work pretty well. I also have a prescription pill that he gave me I started it today, I dont really think I need it but i'll take it and see how it goes.... The neutrogena and the topical stuff definately is drying my scalp out a bit, I assume its still cool to use a moisturizer, or would that be working against what Im trying to do?  well thanks for all the advice I'll keep you posted

The pill is proabably an antibiotic. Is it tetracycline? Def check w/ the doc about the moisturizer. The topical stuff is proabably to help clear out the sebum and treat the blemishes you already have along with prevention- adding more stuff to it might counteract it.

If I were you I would wait for Noner MD though  O0

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 07:10:31 AM »
When I'm standing in a long line up at the grocery store and have already finished reading the front page of world news and the inquirer and looked at the entire selection of candy wrappers, that's when I start studying the backs of heads in front of me.  It's amazing what people with hair have in there.  Summer's best...    ;D
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline cbuck1

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 09:29:20 AM »
Before I shaved, I used a few shampoos to keep dandruff under control.  Now that I'm shaved, should I keep using them?  Do dandruff shampoos work on the scalp or the hair?  How about using shampoo instead of soap on your head?

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 12:24:09 PM »
Cbuck, welcome to the group, bro!  For dry scalp I would recommend  ditching the shampoo and start using a lotion as an aftershave, like headslick works great for me, but I think other here are also liking Matte for men.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 01:22:48 PM »
Cbuck, welcome to the group, bro!  For dry scalp I would recommend  ditching the shampoo and start using a lotion as an aftershave, like headslick works great for me, but I think other here are also liking Matte for men.

I use Nivea for Men Aftershave Balm, with Aloe (little white, square bottle).....works great!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »
Yeah... and there is also that stuff. ;)