Author Topic: Reasons Men Should Not Get A Hair Transplant  (Read 25138 times)

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
Re: Reasons Men Should Not Get A Hair Transplant
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 12:38:19 PM »
Why a man should NOT get a hair transplant?
.........'cause it's girly thing to do.   :Xo!

Exactly!! (H@
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 12:46:14 PM »
Why a man should NOT get a hair transplant?
.........'cause it's girly thing to do.   :Xo!

Exactly!! (H@

I don't know of any girls who had hair transplants.   ::)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »
Anybody know of someone who's had a "scalp reduction" where they cut out a center piece of the scalp and pull the remaining scalp w/ hair together to "cure" baldness?  The Bosley ads make reference to this as part of their "cure."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 12:51:40 PM »
Anybody know of someone who's had a "scalp reduction" where they cut out a center piece of the scalp and pull the remaining scalp w/ hair together to "cure" baldness?  The Bosley ads make reference to this as part of their "cure."

I thought that was an outdated method.  I saw an infomercial quite a few years ago on that procedure.  First, they had to stretch the scalp by implanting some balloons just under the surface of the skin and then inflating them.  It took a few weeks for the skin to stretch sufficiently.  I could not imagine how anyone went around with a lumpy misshapen head for weeks at a time.  I believe the scalp reduction leaves a pretty hideous scar, too.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 11:56:52 AM »
Its true, I really should focus on improving my body or something that I can change. To be honest, I'd rather be a skinny guy with hair than one of those buff shiny bald guys you see at the gym. But I guess at this point I don't have an option, so I might as well hit the gym.

Hairloss has hurt me on a pretty profound level. I've gone to psychologists to try to deal with it, and am even going to move to Asia (semi-permanently) because I don't feel I fit in here in America anymore.

Maybe the media has influenced me over my 22 years of life into thinking that bald is wrong, but whatever the reason, I need to get out of here.

Wow, I hate to pitty a grown man, but damn.... you are one shallow dude.

You can put all the hair you want on your head, move to the other side of the earth and whatever else but you will still be the same person underneath.

Next time you see a woman that has had a mastectomy, tell her how awful you have it bro.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 12:16:12 PM »
Its true, I really should focus on improving my body or something that I can change. To be honest, I'd rather be a skinny guy with hair than one of those buff shiny bald guys you see at the gym. But I guess at this point I don't have an option, so I might as well hit the gym.

Hairloss has hurt me on a pretty profound level. I've gone to psychologists to try to deal with it, and am even going to move to Asia (semi-permanently) because I don't feel I fit in here in America anymore.

Maybe the media has influenced me over my 22 years of life into thinking that bald is wrong, but whatever the reason, I need to get out of here.

Dude, the depth of your shallowness astounds me. Remember what Yogi Berra (of baseball fame) once said "No matter where you go, there you are." You can't run away from the man in the mirror. I am curious as to why you feel you would fit in, in Asia better than you "fit in" in America? I lived in Asia (South Korea) for 3 years (semi-permanently) and although I read, wrote and spoke the language, I fit in no better that I would have anywhere other than my native country. And regardless, moving to another part of the world does absolutely nothing for your hairloss. I guess I'm just a confused BALD guy.
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline babzog

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2008, 11:37:13 AM »
hey guys quick question, we all know how horrible hair transplants look but what if there was a way to reverse hairloss without the scar, would you go for it?

No drugs, no surgery, no "crutches" (ie: hair grids, etc).... possibly.

Honestly, I'm not too fussed about it anymore.  I would have been devastated if I lost my hair as a younger teen but now I don't really give a hoot.  Just get rid of it and be done.

I looked into a surgery-less hair replacement system once (think I was 22 or 23 at the time), but the cost (thousands) and the lifetime of monthly maintenance at their shop was ridiculous to me.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2008, 12:42:40 PM »

This is the kind of thinking that hair club and all those other crooks focus on.
Listen man....baldness at a younger age sucks. I can understand that but those are the cards you were dealt.
Would you probably look better to yourself with hair ? Yes. Would you look better with a hairpiece, or transplant...NO.
You may look good VERY short term but when you start lookig bad you will REALLY start lookng bad with the doll hair falling out and scars on your head.
If you've been shaving for 2 years and dont like it change something. Grow a goatee...lift some weights to pump up.
Start dressing nicer.  If you feel you dont fit in I can assure you its not because you shave your head as there are 1000's of guys who shave who fit in just fine. Change your environment...get a new job or move.
Hang in there man.

Shave your head.....free your mind.

marty22

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2008, 04:08:22 PM »
to saint c: i know 2 people who had scalp reduction. dont do it.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2008, 04:37:11 PM »

I hae seen pictures of that procedure... looks horrible.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 08:57:13 PM »

I hae seen pictures of that procedure... looks horrible.

I didn't think they even did that anymore.  Saw something on TV about it years ago.   They  have to stretch the scalp in order to have enough loose skin to cut and remove.  They did it by implanting some balloons just under this guy's scalp and then they inflated them and left them there for a few weeks.  Guy had to walk around with these huge lumps on his head.  Can you imagine?  You literally could not go out in public looking like that and you couldn't put a hat on in case you damaged the balloons.

Offline babzog

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »

This is the kind of thinking that hair club and all those other crooks focus on.
Listen man....baldness at a younger age sucks. I can understand that but those are the cards you were dealt.
Would you probably look better to yourself with hair ? Yes. Would you look better with a hairpiece, or transplant...NO.
You may look good VERY short term but when you start lookig bad you will REALLY start lookng bad with the doll hair falling out and scars on your head.
If you've been shaving for 2 years and dont like it change something. Grow a goatee...lift some weights to pump up.
Start dressing nicer.  If you feel you dont fit in I can assure you its not because you shave your head as there are 1000's of guys who shave who fit in just fine. Change your environment...get a new job or move.
Hang in there man.

Just to add my $0.02+exchange worth to the very sagely words of DJ_Bald... maybe you simply need some new friends.  Friends who don't give a hoot if you shave your noggin and support you for who you are rather than the image that pop culture says you should aspire to.  If you had just one very close friend like that, there's no way you'd consider a move past the next street without a damn good reason.  As for the rest, tell 'em to take a hike if they don't support you for who you are... who needs "friends" like that?

Give yourself a break for a change and enjoy this life you've been given.  It's short enough without worrying about trivial issues such as haircuts.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:32:43 PM by babzog »

Offline dpinning

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2008, 10:55:59 AM »
Though I know the title of this post is "reasons men should not get a hair transplant"...There are very competent docs who achieve decent results, which may be an option for some people. For example...[link removed]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:19:13 AM by Tyler »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2008, 11:18:27 AM »
Though I know the title of this post is "reasons men should not get a hair transplant"...There are very competent docs who achieve decent results, which may be an option for some people. For example...

Either you work for that company or you're trying to justify spending your money there. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2008, 11:42:24 AM »
I wasn't thinking about it, I'm not at all unhappy w/ the Sly look--it's going  bald that's bad, being bald is okay.