Author Topic: Stop the bleeding...  (Read 29620 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Stop the bleeding...
« on: November 23, 2006, 09:50:36 PM »
If and when you guys cut yourselves shaving, how do you get the bleeding to stop quickly?  How do you get the cut to heel quickly?

I cut myself two days ago shaving and I couldn't get the bleeding to stop for awhile and now I can get it to heel.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Stop the bleeding...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 07:51:01 AM »
there is a product called nick-stop or something like that. burns like hell but stops the bleeding quick.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 08:42:00 AM »
A styptic pencil.  Probably the same thing as pburke is referring to.  Then antibiotic ointment for healing.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 09:57:10 AM »
I do the regular toilet paper deal. As far as healing, I just let it heal itself. I had a cut on the side of my head a couple weeks ago. It just cleared up by itself.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 10:11:12 AM »
Finger tip with direct pressure followed with liquid bandage.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 10:33:20 AM »
Thanks guys!  I'm going to try to find one of those Styptic Pencils and then get some Liquid Bandage.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 08:53:54 PM »
Believe it or not Afrin nasal spray will stop the bleeding and fast. Just a soak a cotton ball in it and aplly to the cut and pretty soon no more bleeding. Burns like hell but it works.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 09:24:47 PM »
Believe it or not Afrin nasal spray will stop the bleeding and fast. Just a soak a cotton ball in it and aplly to the cut and pretty soon no more bleeding. Burns like hell but it works.

Thanks for the tip Mongo!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 12:24:35 PM »
Sweet advice Mongo...how in the world did you figure that one out?
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 12:53:59 PM »
There are some strange remedies floating around out there - and they work!.  I plan to file this one away and try it some day.  Does it work on your face when shaving?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 08:20:12 PM »
Well Afrin is a vaso contrictor which in laymen's terms means it shrinkis stuff like blood vessels that's how it works to clear your nose soif it shrinks down the stuff that cloge your nose up the it's gotta shrink those little blood vessels down and help to stop the bleeding. Just remember that it burns like a SOB on those cuts

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 09:50:36 AM »
I have to try that next time. I always keep a bottle of that stuff around.  I always do a number around my ears.

spaceape48

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 06:25:53 PM »
I was just reading in a magazine that applying a que-tip with some deoderant works due to the aluminum? Not sure if it really works, but next time I get the opportunity I'll give it a go.

chadoweasel

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 06:33:15 PM »
You can bust out the super-glue as well. I would be lying if I said I ever used it on my head, but I use it all the time on cuts I get anywhere else. Works like a charm.

Truth is...I almost never cut my head. I think I only have a few times in many years of shaving. Most of that was the first few times.

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 07:13:17 PM »
I use cold water and then an alum block and if that isn't enough a styptic pencil. (on my face just the cold water splash usually is enough to stop any litle nick)