Author Topic: Stop the bleeding...  (Read 29621 times)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Stop the bleeding...
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2007, 02:46:23 PM »
now get your butt to the gym and hold up your end of the bargain.

Oh...right......the gym
Or that hair is going to be growing back

Then you would be a new target, and Paul could take a break
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2007, 03:50:56 PM »
Then you would be a new target, and Paul could take a break

AAAK!...ok, ok....I'm off to the gym.

Offline CowtownBaldie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2013, 10:56:02 AM »
I am on blood thinners for heart problems...Just had a heart attack a few days ago. Well, now I will only use an electric razor because I am scared to cut myself with a blade, something I used to do often. I use a philishave triple head type razor. Works well, perhaps not as close and soft to the touch, but looks no different when I am done.

Offline NoPony

• Sly
    • James Barley Woodturner
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2013, 05:55:14 PM »
Sorry to hear about your heart problem.
I've also been on blood thinners for the past 25 years or so, so I can relate to your concerns.
Cuts or bruising of any sort can get really messy, but you learn how to live with it.
These days I shave my head daily with a razor, (HeadBlade ATX), have been doing so for over a month now and only experienced one small nick, and that was on a mole.
Believe me the clean smooth feeling of a well shaved dome more then compensates for the worries of a nick or 2, just be careful, and proceed lightly.

Offline NoPony

• Sly
    • James Barley Woodturner
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2013, 06:02:29 PM »
Just thought I might add that I also use, on the rare occasion I cut myself a product called "Quick blood stopper".
This is a styptic powder used by veterinarians that I just happened to have on hand because I enjoy animals, I just apply a bit of the powder using a Cue-tip and problem solved, no more bleeding.

Offline CowtownBaldie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2013, 07:28:38 AM »
Thanks for the advise NoPony...I really have quite a few scars and bumps from old work and sports injuries...so I have to be careful. I will pick up some of that stop bleed stuff...good idea. O0

Enter your email address: