Author Topic: do people still recognize u??  (Read 11898 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
do people still recognize u??
« on: November 02, 2007, 07:02:24 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes.... just wondering.... do people still recognize u?  i'll give u an example:  one day i was shopping at walmart & someone said...."hey mel.... is that u?  i almost didn't recognize u with your bald head?"  anyways....this person hasn't seen me in about 10 years but almost didn't recognize me.  she stated that she liked the new look...btw. O:O

so.... how 'bout u?  have ya been in the same situation as me?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
Re: do people still recognize u??
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:12:08 PM »
I'm way to unique to forget. O0 O:O 8)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:14:50 PM »
I'm way to unique to forget. O0 O:O 8)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 07:21:43 PM »
No, people who haven't seen me in a long time don't recognize me.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 07:23:12 PM »
I didn't think they would, but everyone I see still recognizes me.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 07:29:59 PM »
Good topic. I haven't seen anyone that used to know me with hair in a long, long time. I do wonder what they'd think, and whether they'd recoginze me or not.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 07:37:50 PM »
Surprisingly enough, I haven't had anyone that said they didn't recognize me.  Just his week I took my son to a Halloween function at a church we used to attend about 7 years ago.  I got quite a few compliments.  Alot of the "My, you have a really good shaped head and it looks good on you", but none of the "I didn't recognize you"  I guess I'm pretty unique, too.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

marty22

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 07:40:09 PM »
people recognize me here despite the bald pate; but i wore a hat for ages while undergoing treatment. What people didn't figure out was my slow-process laser treatments, where I had 11-12 of them over 2 years. I took my scalp lower and lower. Nobody figured it out as I did it gradually. I probably never mentioned that after 2 treatments my hair came back in a total combover. For the 3rd treatment I shocked the laser tech gal and told her to take off the entire top. It was gone in 15 days!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:43:33 PM by marty22 »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 07:57:51 PM »
Surprisingly enough, I haven't had anyone that said they didn't recognize me.  Just his week I took my son to a Halloween function at a church we used to attend about 7 years ago.  I got quite a few compliments.  Alot of the "My, you have a really good shaped head and it looks good on you", but none of the "I didn't recognize you"  I guess I'm pretty unique, too.

For some people, it's really not a dramatic transformation.  For others, it is.  I'm not really sure why.   But there are guys who can shave off a huge amoutn of hair and still be recognizable while other people look totally different.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 08:05:35 PM »
Its the smae with me, most people that know me know have seen me bald, i shaved my head a couple months after i moved to Colorado, if i go back to Arizona, people that knew me there would be shocked

Good topic. I haven't seen anyone that used to know me with hair in a long, long time. I do wonder what they'd think, and whether they'd recoginze me or not.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 09:14:35 PM »
Really we're all pretty dam unique.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 10:08:03 PM »
Put it this way, I ran into a guy who just knows who I am but we have never really talked before.  Havent seen him in a long time...at least not after I started shaving.  He was drunker than the last guy walking out of the bar at closing time.  He knew who I was right off the bat.  He was even thinking about shaving his...but like I said..this guy was drunk...way drunk.  So I dunno if he really thought he knew I was and just drunk and talkin to anyone.....but he did say my name.  But really I havent gotten it too much....maybe a few, but I usually take it as a joke, ya know when you see someone wth something different about their looks or what ever....you just say ahh almost didnt recognize you , or is that a line you use when you really dont want to talk to  certain person.?????

Offline ShavedJoey

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 03:34:02 AM »
When I first shaved my head, many people I know did not recognise me - including my neighbours!

Offline Rulon

• Sly Jr.
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 04:05:03 AM »
Think the 3rd day after i shaved my head my aunt came over. She didn't know i had my head shaved so when she first saw me i think i scared her because she jumped when she saw me  ;D Other then that nothing.

marty22

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 05:38:36 AM »
Tim your new pics make u look younger.

Enter your email address: