Author Topic: Sly Guy Style--Hats  (Read 32690 times)

Offline honestjohnny

• Sly Jr.
Sly Guy Style--Hats
« on: October 30, 2007, 01:06:24 PM »
Apologies if this has already been posted on....

As I was stopped at a light today, I noticed a sly brother crossing on the walk against the not inconsiderable breeze.  Good dome, strong profile, well-dressed (pressed-chinos, driving mocs, nice sweater), but he was wearing the same baseball cap that most guys wear fishing or painting the house--faded and fraying. Kinda wrecked the whole thing, y'know.   :-\

So I was wondering, sly brothers, what kind(s) of cover do you sport when it's windy, cold, AND you want to exude sly?  O:O

Myself, I usually wear a driving, newsboy, or other stylish cap when the weather takes a turn.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
Re: Sly Guy Style--Hats
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 04:16:14 PM »
I wear various hats at various times.

I have one of these in Black that I wear often

and in leather

various colors of these

I will wear a baseball style cap once in awhile and a beanie when its cold.

I wear the above because somedays I just want to pimp out. Ya know, you can take the boy outa pimpin but you cant take the pimpin out the boy....  O0

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 07:44:13 PM »
I'm a pretty big hat aficionado/fan.

I like the Kangol 504 Wool...the Tropic (vented) versions are so-so. Those are a classic hat..I have them in many different colors to suit my mood and wardrobe.

I have a couple straw cowboy hats that are cool..very Brett Michaels-ish. Very easy breezy and laid back. Chicks dig that look, I tell ya.

Fedoras are a classic stand-by as well. I like skully beanies, like the ones on headblade.com. The spandex ones are always nice fitting, very uniform.

I also like trucker hats, I go for a rocker look alot with Affliction/Obey t-shirts and unique denim, usually like Diesel, DKNY, Express for Men etc. That's also a good look.

I think it all depends on your mood.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 08:30:52 PM »
beanie in the winter
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline zuckermania

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 11:41:30 AM »
Tilley hat!  Pretty much the least sly hat in the world, but I got it for a gift and have grown pretty attached to the thing.  Beanie in the winter.

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 01:25:33 PM »
I have a couple of baseball caps that I sometimes wear, and I have a nice knit cap that I use when the temperatures drop, but when I really want to make a fashion statement I go with this number...

I use it mostly during the warmer months, and for all major outdoor B-F sporting events.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 03:12:39 PM »
just the beanies in the winter. Got to show it off any other time.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 04:09:09 PM »
Tuque all the way. I'll never wear a fedora I hate that "retro classic" look.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 07:49:08 PM »
I've been trying to decide on some hats for the upcoming winter.  I suppose a nice ski hat would be ok, but I was thinking I'd like something a little different.   I was checking out a B-3 Mad Bomber hat on the cabellas website, that seemed pretty cool.  They have one with wool lining and sheepskin leather, that just may have my name on it ....

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 08:50:58 PM »
It's starting to get pretty chilly here and still no hat.  I think I'm gonna find a good beanie and then something a little more dressy.  Just not sure what, yet.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 03:45:15 PM »
I have bought a couple of beanies, one knit & one soft cloth for the cold days w/ top down.  My surprise g@@4 upon "sly-dome" was that a hat I had, and really liked, to keep my "hair" from blowing out of comb over isn't very comfortable now--I can feel all the seams and junk.  I'll have to look around for a baseball cap that is smooth inside or lined.  I use the beanies now if it is cold, i.e. 40's, after working out on the way home to shave. 

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 05:28:43 PM »
Beanies in the winter, have a nice little collection. The rest of the year and sometimes in winter, my felt "western" hat. (That was for you Tom G) Have a few different western hats, straw and several felt.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline xr2

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 10:58:25 AM »
Usually just my old baseball hats.  For winter I tried a knit cap, but it comes off like Velcro with the least bit of stubble and colored lint leaves me looking like a muppet.  I was considering the underarmor caps like NFL players wear. 
"Time flies like the wind.  Fruit flies like bananas"

Offline fireman

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 10:28:52 AM »
The Underarmour Beanies are the best! The ones I have are a fleece outer with the heat/cold gear on the inside. (very sooth feeling against the dome O0) I am looking for a more dressier look though maybe a wool/felt driving hat? Go with the UA beanie its very nice O0
Only a few perfect heads in the world....the rest have hair!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 10:48:10 AM »