Author Topic: Sly Guy Style--Hats  (Read 32688 times)

Offline Diesel_Power

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Sly Guy Style--Hats
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2007, 09:08:31 PM »
When I had hair it was always sticking up because of my cow licks and double crown. So I was always wearing baseball caps to mat my hair down. Now that I'm sly I don't like wearing hats s much because I'm worried people will think that I'm trying to hide my head.

So for now I'm not wearing any hats. I'll probably wear a tuke during the winter.

Gotta say though I liked that first hat Marz posted. I'd probably wear that for dressy occasions.

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 05:36:10 PM »
Most days I sport a Titleist golf hat.   :popo

Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 09:19:13 AM »
I don't usually wears hats or caps but I do for cold weather or sun or holidays.  Here I am as a Sly Santa in the snow we had here yesterday
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 01:03:28 PM by marshd1000 »

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 09:25:02 AM »
Here's a hat for you!  I look like one of the village people!!!  :*))

It's my Toby Keith Camo Hat I wear hunting every year!  LOL!!!

Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

GASlick

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 10:19:42 AM »
I went to the beach with the wife and kids and forgot a hat.  Went to a gift shop and bought this!  Worked out well.  Wife thought it was cute.

Offline honestjohnny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 09:42:05 PM »
I don't usually wears hats or caps but I do for cold weather or sun or holidays.  Here is me as a Sly Santa in the snow we had here yesterday

+1 on the Santa Hat!!  I'm on call on the 24th so I plan on wearing that at the hospital (when I'm not in the procedural area ::)

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 05:10:26 AM »
I wear my Irish Tweed cap quite a bit...

And of course I always have my BUFF on me. It's black and when folded right it makes a damn fine 2 layer beanie.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline PORKY

• Super Sly
    • http://mypage.com/PORKMIEZTER
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 05:21:33 PM »
HEY VASH, I LIKE the new avatar , looks GOOD !  and i'm glad somebody explained where the  knit hat with the hair was from , CUZ... to ME IT LOOKS LIKE the wendy'S girl   >:(  anyway , FOR ME in the winter its usually just a plain ol knit beanie.CUZ if its a clean shave day , the SLIGHTEST breeze blowz just about anything right off an down the street  :Xo!
I'm a BIG cigar smokin,bike ridin,truck muddin,bald headed ,long bearded,tattoo'd, no sh*t takin, Southern bred, Tequila drinkin SUMANA BYTCH

Offline GaugedFreak

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 06:14:10 AM »
I usually rock the beanies in the winter, I only have a couple of hats that I wear any other time. One's a Volcom flexfit and the other is an A&W trucker style hat.

Offline Uncle Fester

• Fester says...
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 10:18:46 AM »
Fester just purchased a couple of hats online from www.shoebuy.com.  Their prices were comparable to other websites and shipping was FREE.  I received my black Kangol Wool Player today and it fits perfectly and looks really SLY.  I'm now waiting for my black leather Porkpie to arrive...can't wait.

I never really wore hats before and was not sure about how to size them.  Just follow the directions on the website and measure really carefully...you can't go wrong.
When I'm dead and gone, no one will give a rat's ass about what kind of car I drove or what kind of house I lived in.  All that will matter is that I positively impacted the life of a child.

Offline Thunderbroom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 06:11:21 AM »
As a new sly guy (less than 18 hours), this thread interests me a bit.

The only time I wear a hat is on stage with my band and days like today when it's cold outside.  I've got a beanie that I tossed on my slick noggin this morning.  I found it itchy.  Is this normal/something that I'll just have to get used to?

On a somewhat related note, I'm really wanting a Kangol 504.  I like the look of that thing being worn backwards.

:@`

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 10:02:19 AM »
Kangol has a lot of quality headwear, I have a decent array of kangols of many styles.

The 504 is great but the wool ones will be a sauna on your head on stage.

I wear these;

and even in the Seattle winter they take the winter bite off without making your head sweat.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 05:00:32 PM »
I must have  50 ball caps... Rob, I really like that lid of yours!  Maybe it's time for an upgrade?  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline fireman

• Sly
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 03:50:35 PM »
Being from an ice box I tried and liked the Kangol 504 hat (have 2 colors black and grey) and like them when its really cold. Thunderbroom - try the underarmor cold weather beanie!! very smooth inside and no itch! O0
Only a few perfect heads in the world....the rest have hair!

Offline RobbnCO

• Learning the way of Sly
    • My Mostly Unfabulous Life
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2008, 08:26:59 PM »
I wear the standard beannie when the weather is below 35 here in CO, also have acouple of Indy-Jones style fedoras that work in the summer....looking for a nice newsboy-type cap for summer that doesn't make me look like a giant mushroom... any suggestions guys???
You take my hand and give me your friendship.
I'll take my time and send you my slow reply....

Enter your email address: