Author Topic: Slyness and weather related comments  (Read 6653 times)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Slyness and weather related comments
« on: October 09, 2007, 12:38:04 PM »
Does anyone get comments on the weather as it relates to needing to protect the dome from the cold? Of the comments I have received so far, that type of comment seems to be the most frequent. Anyone else get this alot?

Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
Re: Slyness and weather related comments
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM »
I've recently had people tell me that I must freeze in the winter ... that is, people whom I've met over the summer. But, the fact is, I enjoy winter air on my head ... I can't wait for the cold weather to hit.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 01:33:34 PM »
This will be my first autumn and winter sly.  I am really looking forward to it. 
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

KALBO

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 01:55:08 PM »
All set to protect the dome as my first SLY winter approaches as well...but I've been more concerned with the sun than anything.  When I buzzed it nearly SLY last year and decided to golf in Guam, forgetting my hat...the worst burn I ever had emerged, I got really sick, and some distinct freckles emerged... :'(

...never again! O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 02:04:37 PM »
Just got a comment last week when we had a cool morning.  "You DO wear a hat don't you?"   Actually I don't.   Love cold weather.  This will be my second winter sly and never put anything on the noggin except for deer season when I wear my cammo ski mask. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 02:14:42 PM »
Yeah I get that quite a bit, someone out there is knitting me a new red tuque!

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 02:24:42 PM »
I can't yet comment on making it through a winter sly, but I am looking forward to it. The mornings here are starting to get cooler and I love the blast of cool air on my head as I greet the morning.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 02:25:36 PM »
I can't yet comment on making it through a winter sly, but I am looking forward to it. The mornings here are starting to get cooler and I love the blast of cool air on my head as I greet the morning.

It's pretty cold here I love the feeling from the HeadSlick in the morning!

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »
The lake effect winds are starting to chill the air in Chi-Town and the sun's setting at 6. Looks like we're finally sayin' farewell to the warm sunny days.

Have to say there's nothing like experiencing the first cold raindrops and snow flakes hitting a freshly SLY head, but I'd rather head on over to the "land down under" where they're gonna have summer.

Ah yes the beach, the surf and all those babes in bikinis! Quoting an old Beach Boy Song, "Wouldn't It Be Nice"! JDog and Outsider, I'm my getting reservations ready!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Balditicus Maximus

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 04:07:28 PM »
Even people with hair have their heads get cold and have to wear hats.  The big advantage we have is that our hats don't mess anything up!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 12:22:27 PM »
Winter time my head gets cah-hold.

I can get by with a baseball cap but I have a large selection of beanies and other headgear to battle the  cold.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 12:47:45 PM »
For the two days or so of winter that we'll get in January or February, I don a navy watch cap. The rest of the year is pretty much hatless...

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 08:20:03 PM »
There's going to be two firsts for me this Winter; one being Sly, and the other is that I'm now living in AZ.  I don't think it'll get anywhere near as harsh and cold as back in NY.
I've heard we do get some frosty days in the a.m., but then it warms up. I'm sure a beanie or skullcap will keep my noggin' toasty on those colder days.

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 08:24:21 PM »
yes. and it is true, things are a bit colder in winter. however, you lose as much heat through your ears as you do your head. it's true.  but best of all, no hat-head!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 08:29:13 PM »
I also tend to get more weather related comments when it's raining.  Hey, I don't have to worry about my hair getting messed up or bad hair days. :*))
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed