Author Topic: Slyness and weather related comments  (Read 6652 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Slyness and weather related comments
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 08:50:28 PM »
I first shaved my head on New Year's Day 2007. So, it was cold (granted California cold). It did feel good on the dome.
I used don't own any winter style hats, until I got my Headblade Beanie  O0. I may break that out just cuz of the logo.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 08:58:06 PM »
I've always disliked wearing hats and only started doing so for protection from the sun when my hair thinned to the point where it was necessary.  I get a lot of comments in the wintertime.  I do wear a stocking cap occasionally in the winter, but it has to be bitter cold before I bring it out.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 05:24:43 AM »
The lake effect winds are starting to chill the air in Chi-Town and the sun's setting at 6. Looks like we're finally sayin' farewell to the warm sunny days.

Have to say there's nothing like experiencing the first cold raindrops and snow flakes hitting a freshly SLY head, but I'd rather head on over to the "land down under" where they're gonna have summer.

Ah yes the beach, the surf and all those babes in bikinis! Quoting an old Beach Boy Song, "Wouldn't It Be Nice"! JDog and Outsider, I'm my getting reservations ready!!

Well Ben I hope you can cope with the brutal humidity and 110 plus days...There is always room here down under, a country the size of the continental US with only 20 million people.

Yes, the girls in bikinis definetley make driving hazardous sometimes >:D

If I were to be in the North American winter I'd gladly go without head protection. maybe just some earmuffs. Like Paul says, what a way to feel the cold air but with a smooth slick dome. O0

Offline tlcasedrums

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 05:29:24 PM »
I pretty much live in a beanie from Dec-Feb.  I work in a shop with crappy heat and the warehouse has no heat at all, so sometimes I wear my hat all day when it gets really cold.  Can't say I've had too many weather related comments.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 06:46:40 PM »
When I was buzzing my head I wore my ohio state beenie, and now that I'm sly I will probably still be in a ohio state beenie.

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 11:10:23 PM »
I've been bald for 30+ years, so my head is pretty much hardened to the cold. But with shaving it all off, the back of my head is still sensitive to the cold on the worst winter days.

I hate wearing hats and only wear them for the coldest days. This past summer I kept 45 SPF sunblock with me all the time and hardly wore a hat at all with the sun.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »
I'm starting to think about my first sly winter.  I'm usually not much of a hat person, but I'm thinking below 0 weather and snow may be a problem.   I was looking at a B-3 Bomber hat at Cabellas over the weekend, which seems pretty warm.   Will probably need something like that for snowblowing.

Not sure if wearing a baseball cap to work would be too casual.  I do have some nice ones ...
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 05:29:36 PM »
I was getting weather-related comments well before going bald, they were just of the "How's the weather up there" kind.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 08:09:52 PM »
I was getting weather-related comments well before going bald, they were just of the "How's the weather up there" kind.

I can feel your "pain"  ;D