Author Topic: Pizza!!!  (Read 26997 times)

jusbnme

Pizza!!!
« on: September 23, 2007, 08:34:06 PM »
Ok, I know this may be a corny topic but I had to ask after mentioning it on another thread.  To the other sly bros that like pizza as much as I do, if any are out there, what kind do you prefer?  Also, where do you usually order it from, or go to get it from?

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: Pizza!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 08:38:29 PM »
As a rule, we usually eat alot of Pizza Hut, cause it's good and they deliver or are just close by. But the best pizza usually comes from local places.  My favorite in our area is a local chain called Minsky's.  One slice of their pizza is a meal.  And my oh my......good stuff O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

jusbnme

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 08:41:52 PM »
I here you bro.  We do the usual mainstream ones most the time like Domino's but the best in my opinion comes from a local place near me called "Anna's Pizza."  Man that is some good stuff. 

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 08:44:50 PM »
there was a place around denver somewhere that was called beaujeaus or bojo's or something like that. place had some hella good pizza. not much in the way of pizza here. pizza hut etc. i miss little pizzerias. that is the best pizza.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 08:53:38 PM »
Chicago and Northern Illinois is filled with great pizza places.  Most of the truly great ones are independently owned and not chains.  My personal favorites are a bar-b-que beef pizza and a sauerkraut and canadian bacon pizza. (yeah, I said sauerkraut, actually doesn't taste like the stuff)    Yumm
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 08:54:06 PM »
yeah.... me & wifey do pizza once a week.  the mainstream pizza that we order is PIZZA HUT.  as far as national chains...they  r  the best.  right now we  r  hooked with their dipping pizza w/ the marinara sauce.  however.... the best local joint in beautiful pensacola is probably the tuscan oven. `dr**l   that is some good stuff right there. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 08:56:08 PM »
Chicago and Northern Illinois is filled with great pizza places.  Most of the truly great ones are independently owned and not chains.  My personal favorites are a bar-b-que beef pizza and a sauerkraut and canadian bacon pizza. (yeah, I said sauerkraut, actually doesn't taste like the stuff)    Yumm

My wife is from Iowa and everyone up there eats canadian bacon and sauerkraut pizza.  The first time I had it...took some getting used to.  But it really is good.  Even found some local places around here that do sauerkraut as a ingrediant on their menus.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

jusbnme

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 08:58:20 PM »

Never had it or heard of it but it sounds great man.  I love some sauerkraut and canadian bacon.  Why not on a pizza?   O0

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 09:04:07 PM »
OK, I know this is going to sound incredibly lame, but my all-time favorite pizza is....

Jewel Chef's Kitchen Thin & Crispy Cheese Pizza

Honest ta God!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 09:21:52 PM »

My wife is from Iowa and everyone up there eats canadian bacon and sauerkraut pizza.  The first time I had it...took some getting used to.  But it really is good.  Even found some local places around here that do sauerkraut as a ingrediant on their menus.

Something about sauerkraut on pizza just sounds plain wrong to me.  But bear in mind that I hate sauerkraut.   And I haven't had pizza of any kind in a very long time.

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 09:23:50 PM »
We have five pizza shops within 4 blocks of my house, none are national chains. We just ordered a pizza today. My favorite is from Wedgewood Pizza. Got their everything pizza. I still haven't what all "everything" is yet, but they pile it on.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 09:29:29 PM »
Not much of a national pizza food chain eater here.  We have one local place here called Bill Bobe's Pizzareia.  We go there every friday night. Always order their Faroke Pizza...its a Loaded Pizza wiht three different cheeses, two different sausages, beef, pepperoni, tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives, green peppers and home made pizza sauce.  We always also order their deep fried Portabella mushrooms with the ranch dipping sauce. Now there is some good eatin.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 11:25:38 PM »
Lance, good topic!  If there's one thing I miss from back in NY, it's the pizza!. We had the best pies in Staten Island and Brooklyn. Two of my favorites in SI were Ciro's and Il Pomodoro. There are also many more that I have had that are also good. If you ever get to NY, try to get to Good Fella's in SI, they've won awards.   O0

Brooklyn has quite  a few, but one which I remember really standing out is L&B Spumoni Garden, unbelievably great pizza, and a standout was their square slice. My mouth waters just thinking of it.

I don't think I'm going to find anything near as close out here in AZ. As far as chains go, they do have Pizza Hut, and California Pizza Kitchen (which is not bad ), and Domino's as well.

And Paul, that canadian bacon and sauerkraut pie sounds real good! I love sauerkraut. Never heard of it before tho'.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 12:31:11 AM »
There's a chain in the western states called Round Table that is awesome pizza! 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 03:58:18 PM »
Well, I have to say one thing. I love italian pizza. I had a substitute teacher come in for a couple weeks at school, and one day he brought in a portable oven, and let us all make italian pizza. The crust was thin and crispy, but fluffy on the inside, and it bursted with flavor in your mouth. It had sausage slices on top that looked like pepperoni, grilled chicken, roasted red pepper & monterey jack cheese backed right in the crust with a garlic and pesto spread mixed with tomato sauce and tomato paste for the top of the dough, and also it had some grilled eggplant and some other stuff on top I cant remember. It was back when I was in grade 7. I never have found a place that topped that pizza, although, a local place I love to go for my pizza is Gino's. I love their chicken pizza.

Enter your email address: