Author Topic: Pizza!!!  (Read 27413 times)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Pizza!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 07:55:41 PM »
Went to a great Pizza place in Highlands NC once.  It was a combination Pizza / Video Rental place.  They had several private dining rooms in the back where you could go and watch a movie of your choice, while dining on your pizza.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 08:18:10 PM »
Another good local place around here is called "Pizza Shoppe" .  Really good thin crust pizza and they even have sauerkraut.  Also think they deliver.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 10:29:43 PM »
There's a place called Punch in the Twin Cities that has some of the most amazing pizza I've ever tasted.

http://www.punchpizza.com/

Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 12:30:50 AM »
Some great pizza in college towns here in CA is Woodstock's.  Nothing like a Woodstock's pizza after a night of partying.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 10:58:01 AM »
OK all of this food talk has got me hungry....I need to go buy me a totino's pizza.....brb
LOL

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2007, 01:45:22 AM »
I personally love Pizza Hut - Cheese Lover's w/Sausage, Mushrooms, & Bacon... yum... but I really enjoy making pizza from scratch - the sauce, the crust, dicing all the toppings up, etc.  However, since it's so time consuming I usually only make them about twice a year... usually for Super Bowl Sunday and then during UK's basketball season for the UK-Louisville game.  As far as a local place, my fave is in Russellville KY called Sylfoni's - thick crust, cut in square's, with the works, fantastic and been in the same location for 40 years.

On a side note, I love Pizza Hut's buffalo wings w/ranch.  Good topic Lance!

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2011, 06:23:23 PM »
I'm love Sperino's from my hometown and Topper's which started nearby, but is growing huge in the Midwest...they give a 50% discount to military(even me, retired Navy).

I was surprised at how good Domino's has improved...after I got a coupon for a free pizza there, I tried it and was actually impressed.  Actually prefer it over the standard Pizza Hut order in my family.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2011, 06:38:57 PM »
No chains for me. We have a palce a town or so over named "Benny's Pizza". Unbelievable crust and great sauce. They have an increddible Greek pizza.... no red sauce. YUM!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »
No chains for me either even though both Domino's and Pizza Hut are within ten minutes.  My favorite place is called Joe's (no kidding).  It's run by a real Italian family.  They have a pizza with fresh mozzarella and basil with a very thin crust that's just spectacular.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
Franchises Frankly Suck--local guys O0

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »
I agree.  The franchises keep making changes to "pizza" in order to increase sales.  Around here there are so many good pizza places that I can't understand how the chains survive.

Offline good to be bald

• Sly
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2011, 09:23:06 PM »
in ny lots great pizza very block or two no chain needed,plus the the kids do not like them. what the wost pizza u every had.

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2011, 09:37:10 PM »
I haven't had Domino's in decades because it was so bad. Papa John's and Pizza Hut are ok for chains.

But for amazing pizza in Baltimore MD, it's Greek Village. I don't know for sure because I have never knowingly tried it but I think they sprinkle cocaine on it because it is so addicting. Lot's of delicious sauce, tons of fresh cheese, and a bakery quality crust that can't be beat.

Prices are beyond reasonable (I don't think they have ever gone up in the decades I've been going there) and I think the gyro's come with cocaine too  ;). Actually, they may sprinkle it on all their food :D

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2011, 11:02:44 PM »
In my little one-horse town, there are two pizza places.

Dominos, which serves THE most disgusting pizza you could ever possibly imagine. The other is PizzaExpress which is a national chain, although a little more 'high end' than somewhere like Pizza Hut would be. We dont have any 'local' or 'mom and pop' type pizza places.

http://www.pizzaexpress.com/

PizzaExpress opened a few locations in California a few years ago but I dont think the natives ever took to eating pizza with a knife and fork the way we do here :D The locations shut down after a year or so.

My favourite pizza: the thinnest base imaginable (sorry, Chicago dish pizza or whatever its called really sucks IMO), tomato, lots of mozzarella, roquito peppers, rocket (roquette?) and corn (yes, many of us international weirdos like corn on our pizza).

We dont have Papa John's or Little Caesars (?) or anywhere like that. We have Pizza Hut, but my nearest location is around 25 miles away and I'm never that desperate...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:06:28 PM by GSGUK »

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 06:27:55 AM »
Translating: rocket / roquette equals arrugula in American English. It's really good in tomato sauces. I've never had it on pizza, though.

Enter your email address: