Author Topic: red spot!  (Read 6935 times)

Offline outsider82

• Sly
red spot!
« on: August 20, 2007, 07:04:04 AM »
Hey guys,

There is one thing that has been bothering me since i went sly 1 and a half weeks ago. Right on the centre of the back of my head. I have this red patch of skin. It looks like the size of a birth mark. Now here is the thing that bothers me. I have tried skipping a day or two with the shaving to see if it goes away. It is also not sore or itchy. It looks quite unsightly, not sure as to what it is.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I will post a pic tomorrow night, as its quite late here and i need to get up early to shave.

Out

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
Re: red spot!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 07:11:43 AM »
seeing as how it's the size of a birth mark and doesn't seem to go away, could it be a birthmark?

I had a friend with a light birth mark on his face right between his eyes,  it was a light light pink
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

X The Hierophant

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:57:05 AM »
Not sure man.  Maybe the pic will clarify...

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 08:34:05 AM »
Out,Frost is right,Could very well possibly be a birthmark that you never knew was there as it was covered up with hair for most of your life! 8)

Post a pic when you can,it may ingrown hairs also. That can cause red spots.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 12:42:57 PM »
Post up a pic of it so that we can give you a better diagnosis.  Though, the only one that is going to be able to tell you for sure is a dermatologist.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 05:20:35 AM »
Here we go. It appears redder in person just cause thats my complexion. Keep in mind that is with 36 hrs stubble on top.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 09:27:05 AM »
Has it always been there (since your first shave) or did it just pop up in the last few days?

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 10:47:17 AM »
i'd say birthmark except for the red bump in the middle of it see a doctor about it dude, better safe than sorry

and on a side note....Tyler not to be offensive but your wife is hot good job, you'll have to share your secrets with me
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 05:45:06 PM »
out..... i say see a dermatalogist.  he or she will definitely b able 2 give u a medical diagn. on how 2 get rid of it if it's not a birthmark.  the doc might prescibe some type of prescription oinment that will make it disappear.  anyways.... keep us posted.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 05:12:32 AM »
Has it always been there (since your first shave) or did it just pop up in the last few days?

Its been there since the first shave.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 08:01:24 AM »
Hey Out,

that bump area could be an ingrown hair,which in turn could inflame the area around it. I have had this problem around the sides of my ears and back of my head.

If I were you, I'd get someone to inspect it with a magnifying glass or something. You can usually tell if it is an ingrown hair as there will be a darker spot in the middle of the bump.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 09:31:57 AM »
i'd say birthmark except for the red bump in the middle of it see a doctor about it dude, better safe than sorry

and on a side note....Tyler not to be offensive but your wife is hot good job, you'll have to share your secrets with me

Thanks Frosty!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 09:33:14 AM »
Hey Out, if it doesn't burn or hurt, it's probably pigmentation of some sort (birthmark,etc.).  I'd go have a dermatologist look at it.

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 10:56:04 AM »

Thanks Frosty!

And your Secerts are?????

X The Hierophant

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 11:29:24 AM »
Hey Out, if it doesn't burn or hurt, it's probably pigmentation of some sort (birthmark,etc.).  I'd go have a dermatologist look at it.

I second that opinion.  Ditto.

Enter your email address: