Author Topic: Question about Head Blade HB4  (Read 2062 times)

Offline WaltWhite1979

• Sly Guy in Training
Question about Head Blade HB4
« on: June 11, 2015, 11:36:07 AM »
I am planning on shaving my head tonight! I'm very excited about it. I have a question about the type of razor to use. I have a Gillette Fusion and I also have a HeadBlade HB4. What are the main advantages (if any) of using a HeadBlade? I have sensitive skin so I am using a good moisturizing gel, but I want to know what you guys think about the razors and if the HB is a significant improvement over most disposables.

Thanks!

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
Re: Question about Head Blade HB4
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 12:18:01 PM »
The main advantage I find with the headblade, is that I really struggle coordinating myself with a normal blade, to shave my head with a mirror but with a headblade I find it a lot easier.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »
I would use the Fusion, Walt. I tried the Headblade several times, but just don't care for it. Make sure you clipper your hair short as you can first. That can be fun, give yourself a mowhawk or something!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 04:43:57 PM »
For many, like me, the HeadBlade is easier to use, but for others it's not.  Regardless of which razor you use, let the blade to the work.  Added pressure will only result in irritation.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 04:30:22 PM »
I either use a Harry's Razor and blade (very inexpensive but good quality) or I use my Headblade S4 Shark (Chrome ATX).  I find a get a closer shave with the Harry's, but, as others have mentioned, I get better control with the Shark and it doesn't take me as many passes to get shaved smooth enough for the day.

Your mileage may vary.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline TSE

• Sly Jr.
    • TheShavingEdge.com
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 10:36:31 AM »
My vote would go to the headblade, in part because I’m just really used to it at this point. 

I mostly use a DE, but I use the headblade for a polishing pass.  I find easier to run it over my head than a handled razor for that pass.

I suppose the advantage of the headblade to be the design.  I like that I can drag it in the palm of my hand over my head.  So, echoing what others have said, I feel I have little more control

Though with the Fusion, I think the advantage is that it is easier to maneuver in problem areas … like behind my ears.  As far as disposables go, I personally didn’t care for them (like the Gillette Good News). Perhaps it may have been my choice of disposable razor, but I found them to be a bit rigid and I tend to nick myself (particularly behind the ears) more often than with a Mach 3 or Fusion.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 10:47:28 PM »
I have never had a good experience with a Headblade!