Author Topic: Tried the Atra's on my Headblade Sport ...  (Read 8664 times)

X The Hierophant

Tried the Atra's on my Headblade Sport ...
« on: August 15, 2007, 12:30:54 PM »
I have been using the Headblade Triples on my Headblade sport for several weeks now and thought I'd experiment a little and give the Atra's a go.  Here are the results:

Pros:
(1) Half the cost of the HeadBlade Triples
(2) Easier to find in stores (much more commonly stocked)
(3) Got the closest shave I have ever gotten.  I even got my two problem spots for the first time!

Cons:
(1) I cut my head twice.  I have never before cut my head with the HeadBlade Triples in weeks of shaving
(2) I got a good bit of razor burn (also something I didn't get with the HeadBlade Triples)

In sum I got a very close shave ... a little too close really.  I plan to keep trying ... maybe I can change my technique or something to compensate for the difference...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Tried the Atra's on my Headblade Sport ...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 04:22:56 PM »
Yeah, I find that they give a much nicer shave than the trips.  Next, try the Sensor Excel blades.  I found they give just as close of a shave but with are less likely to get cut from them.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 04:53:01 PM »
I wouldn't give up so quickly on the Atra blades.  It could be that since they're new/different to your head, you might just have to be more careful initially.  I'm sure I would have to adjust how I shave just a bit because of the newness of a different blade.  A blade is a blade is a blade is not a true statement.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:34:15 PM »
I am going to try the Atra doubles and then the Sensors.
My question is; do they both fit on the adaptor that came with the HB Sport?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »

xnewyawka...... yes they both fit your hb sport.  we have a lot of r sly brahs who use the atra doubles & sensors.    from researching, i think the sensors will do a better job.  keep us posted & c ya 'round the forum.

WARHAWK O0 
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 09:40:14 PM »

They are different adapters, but both adapters should come with the Sport.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 10:36:04 PM »
Tyler, My HB came with only one additional adaptor (black), which they say on the enclosed instructions will be compatible with the Atra's.
I bought mine at CVS. Maybe when you order from HB direct you get the extra adaptor?
I will try to see if the sensor's will fit on this adaptor too.
Thanks,

Joe

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 12:15:36 AM »
ATRA'S :Xo!
NO WAY IN HELL I WILL GO BACK TO THOSE.  I went and bought some Matrix3 plus titanium....ok now there is a good blade.  Never nicked my self once wiht those.  The Atra's...i was getting 2-3 nicks per shave on those damn things.  Im sorry I know some of you all use them...but hey I got a pack of 10 and a pack of 9 left...anyone want them?  I will be glad to send them to you FREE OF CHARGE . I will even pay the postage.
I think what I really need to do is get on line and order some headblade ones.  Those were teh best.  I did give my orginal antoher try tonight...just not as close anymore...still sharp and no gashes...but it was time to retire it after about 6 weeks.  I will mount and frame it I think.  LOL   :/O

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 02:18:56 AM »
Tyler, My HB came with only one additional adaptor (black), which they say on the enclosed instructions will be compatible with the Atra's.
I bought mine at CVS. Maybe when you order from HB direct you get the extra adaptor?
I will try to see if the sensor's will fit on this adaptor too.
Thanks,

Joe

If you have a sport, the black adapter fits the sensor blades and the yellow adapter fits the atra blades.

Here's the sensor: 

Here's the atra:

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 04:09:02 AM »
Hey Joe, when I got my sport it only came with the yellow adapter and I order directly from HeadBlade.  I emailed Mac at HeadBlade and they sent me Sensor adapters at no charge.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 10:19:12 AM »
I use my HB classic with Sensor double blades and get a really close shave. The Atra blades work okay but I find them to not last as many shaves and they tend to jump a bit during the back to front against the grain shave.

I got the HB sensor adaptors free when I bought the 20pack double HB kit.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 11:46:24 AM »
Thanks Guys, I am clear on the adaptor's now. I will try my Atra double with much trepidation seeing as how many of you are not fond of them.
I do believe the Sensors will be much better because I have used them on my face and find them to be one of my favorite blades.
I will be sure to let you know the outcome when I change it.

My Original HB triple is still working pretty well tho'.
I have been getting my smoothest yet, but that could also be because I am getting better at using the HB period.
I can't stop rubbing my smooth dome! You guy's were right!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 10:42:03 AM »
told ya "New"  after a clean fresh shave ...I think it is just customary to rub the noggin....just be careful not to rub the skin off. 
Today is the first day I didnt shave when I woke up.  I was too tired after a full night of taking my son to WWE and seeing his "IDOL"  LOL John Cena....man his arms are HUGE
Anyways...I dont like the atra's  I have been using the matrix 3 blades...they seem to be doing fairly well...but still I get a few nicks here and there ...but as with the headblade original blade..i didnt get those.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 10:48:44 AM »
Hey Tim, I have seen the matrix 3 in My local CVS, was wondering about them. Do they fit on the original adaptor on the HB sport, or the Atra adaptor?

Joe

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »
I use the yellow adapter. You have to take the silvery gray thing off of the matrix3 and then it will fit on the yellow adapter.  Good luck