Author Topic: Tried the Atra's on my Headblade Sport ...  (Read 8663 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: Tried the Atra's on my Headblade Sport ...
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 12:50:20 PM »
Well guys I just got finished shaving with the Atra plus on my HB, and am happy to announce it went very well.   O0

I am so relieved I can use my atra's. After I read X's review I was worried, but like I said, I took it slow and deliberate, and I found they shave quite well and I got good feedback from it.
I changed up my routine today and used the Sensor to shave my face and then clean up. Overall, I feel I got very close today, one of the closest yet, especially in back. I will continue to try all combinations, I think it will be good to be able to handle using all blades; if any one else has noticed each one has a different feel and heft.
I am very psyched that I got through it without being " peeled" like X felt. But I do agree on all the other points.
One thing you guys, did you make sure you put the cartridge on the right way? That may have been an issue if you were heading the wrong way.
Just a thought.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 08:57:14 AM »
Joe,

Glad to hear you had good results with the Atras. I guess there is a lot of different variables that might cause one blade to work well for someone and not so well for another. I think head shape and the various,scraps,scars,dents etc will affect this. I found when I used the Atras I always nicked this keloid scar that I have right smack dab on back of my melon.

Shine On O0

X The Hierophant

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 09:03:51 AM »
Glad it worked for you man.  Yeah, I had it put on the right direction ... I just don't think that blade and my head get along.  Every head is different and I'm glad it works with yours  O0

As a side-note I took Tyler's advice and gave the sensor blades a go.  I was hesitant since the sensors are double blades (just like the dreaded atras  :Xo!) but they worked like a charm.  No nicks and a close shave.   ;D

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 08:38:49 PM »
Hey X,  glad to hear you found a blade you can"live" with, lol.

It is true everyones head will have a different shape, or bumps , scars etc. , like JDog has said. Thus, nicks and cuts, slices, peels? 
I will be trying the Sensors next and hope I do okay with those as well. You never know. I have said in other posts I will continue to use each blade as long as I get a good shave from it; In the Headblade, of course.
I will have to give shaving with a razor like Mach III or Fusion a try, as some guys swear by them. Cleaning up with the Mach III and Sensor has been good, so I imagine a shave will be the same. Anyway, keep the head slick and smooth!
And that is one eerie avatar, those atra's really got to you , huh? lol.

Joe

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 09:04:26 PM »
When I first started headblading, the atra was the only blade that you could use, so that's been my workhorse.  I rarely cut or nick myself.  I think its a matter of not only preference but what you're used to using, (like muscle memory).   I've tried the Headblade triple, it kept skipping over.  I've tried the sensor excel, it wasn't bad, and I could get used to it if I had to.  On a straight handle, a Sensor Excel and Mach III are good.  I didn't like the feeling at all shaving the head with the Fusion, although that's what I use after my headblade to get the bad angle areas.

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 12:30:41 PM »
my sensor blade broke on me, i'm going to put in an order, but i'm figuring what else i want from HB, think i might order a couple of T's and maybe a hoodie...

Tyler you should hook up with HB and get some adaptors in your online store here, that way i can get a few SBG T's with sensor adaptors.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 07:01:03 AM »
Has anyone ever purchased the 20pack HB double blade accessory pack? There is 1 Sensor adaptor included in it and 2 Atra adaptors.

Yeah a HB/SBG alliance would be cool as hell.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 07:17:19 AM »

And that is one eerie avatar, those atra's really got to you , huh? lol.

Joe

Yep, I was so pissed after the Atra's I had to be restrained  gu!l+)

I am wanting to give the headblade doubles a shot before I settle down on one razor.  So far the Sensors are my favorite.

I'm curious to find out how you will like the Sensors as well...

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 09:40:39 AM »
X, awaiting your review of the HB doubles. I think this may push you over the edge. Call in the team of psychiatrist's, Dr. Lecter is at it again,lol.

Bald_freak

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 02:23:50 PM »
yeah X, it sucks when the skin comes off with the hair  :o

X The Hierophant

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 03:54:37 PM »
X, awaiting your review of the HB doubles. I think this may push you over the edge. Call in the team of psychiatrist's, Dr. Lecter is at it again,lol.

You know it man.  When a razor repeatedly causes blood to flow from my head I get pissed.  (H@

X The Hierophant

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 03:56:05 PM »
yeah X, it sucks when the skin comes off with the hair  :o

Agreed man.

Bald_freak

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 05:43:48 PM »
I forgot to shave for work one time. my boss took a cheap razor off the shelf and made me go shave. My dumb @$$ decided to do the melon too. Damn thing took a strip of flesh off. it was dangling from the razor. Right at my hairline!!! I had to spend the rest off the day with a friggin sesame street bandaide on my fore head.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 07:50:14 PM »
That must have really s**ked.   g@@4  I haven't had any serious nicks yet. knock wood.

Offline Tom.Net

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 06:02:14 AM »
I started with the HB Classic and Atras, but switched a few moths back to the HB Sport and Sensor 3s (use the black adapter that comes with the HB Sport). I get way fewer nicks and cuts (almost none) with the Sensor 3s, and I get a a week's worth of shaves from each blade (I only got 2-3 shaves from the Atra).