Author Topic: Weight Loss.....  (Read 8024 times)

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
Weight Loss.....
« on: July 29, 2007, 10:18:47 AM »
With some this is a never ending battle with great frustration.  I can say because of being active and my change of diet it has worked and worked well.

Instead of candy, I grab fruit such as a peach, or watermellon chunks etc.  Even the change from eating beef to fish, chicken and pork.  More salad and lots of water and or ice tea, no soda at all.  I totally cut out table salt because I flat out got tired of what I had become physically.

In this picture, I am a whopping 240 pounds, as it was taken in Hawaii back in 2006 along with my wife Peggy, and son Anthony.

Since then I have dropped 40 pounds of un-wanted FAT to become as my wife says.... P.H.A.T. (pretty hot and tempting) [:D]

Now comes the working out on the Bowflex for a much better look, as I want more definition in my abbs, pecks and arms.  I'm not talking the Muscle USA type of body here, ain't looking for the power lifter type that you see in all the Muscle and Fitness magazines.

BTW in the top picture I am wearing an size XL T-Shirt, and in the bottom picture that I just took this morning I am wearing an size M and you still can't see my S&W 637 airweight in the beltline.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 05:42:12 AM by J_B »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Weight Loss.....
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 10:32:43 AM »
Great job, J_B!!! O0

That is inspiring!!! ... I am faced with getting in shape for the 'ol Sheriffi's Dept process.

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 02:40:08 PM »
Great job, J_B!!! O0

That is inspiring!!! ... I am faced with getting in shape for the 'ol Sheriffi's Dept process.

Thanks for sharing!

Measure you food allotments on your plate... NO SECONDS of anything period.  If you went to a dinner,  you get what you order off the menu, they don't bring you seconds.  Stick to your plan, and focus of loosing what you put on, to getting it off and get in shape.  Get someone who can run ahead of you... remember ya got to chase bad guys  ::) and sometimes they will wind ya easy. 

ugabulldog

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 02:20:22 PM »
Great job J_B   O0  I have been into eating healthy for a long time, my newest discovery is almond butter.......mmmm. It is alot more expensive than PB but tastes alot better. I found a health food store where you can grind your own for like 9$ a pound. Mix it with some good chocolate protein powder (I like Muscle Milk, it has more sugar than some but tastes great) and you've got an instant meal. Wash it down with some 1% milk, in fact that is what i am doing right now.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 02:32:57 PM »
Ditto on the great job JB....

I'm kinda a gym rat normally,,,but have not been much since the little dude has come into our lives...I know I HAVE to get back...... for his sake!!!!

Can't slack off you know, i owe it to him to be fit..after choosing to be a first time dad at 40!

ugabulldog

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 03:29:15 PM »

I'm kinda a gym rat normally,,,but have not been much since the little dude has come into our lives...I know I HAVE to get back...... for his sake!!!!

Can't slack off you know, i owe it to him to be fit..after choosing to be a first time dad at 40!

Not to hijack this thread..... I feel you Andre, I am about to turn 38 and no kids yet, probaly when I'm about 40 too.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 03:43:05 PM »
Does that include diet soda also JB and if so why.?

BALDANDRE

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 03:55:15 PM »

Not to hijack this thread..... I feel you Andre, I am about to turn 38 and no kids yet, probaly when I'm about 40 too.

You know what dude, don't have any worries, it's how you look and feel...on either of those i don't think i come close to the 40 number.....hey at my  20 yr class reunion there were 3 girls all talking about having babies in a couple months... it's the way of the world now...at that time I had no idea I would be a first dad soon after that!

Don't sweat it . We all just have to do everything to take care of ourselves....

.....back to the thread, JB you look good....

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 04:57:06 PM »
JB, you rock!!!!
I'm fighting a battle of the bulge. Aerobically, I still feel great and run 4 miles at a time with no problem (usually around 8:20 pace). However, I'm finding that at age 41 ... metabolism is a bitch. I know that I need to watch portion control at times and limit the beer/wine/schrotinis/margaritas/Ketel One's...but that was something that was never an issue just a few short years ago.

Still hanging tough at 205 (6' tall), would love to get to 195, but I am not going to slit my wrists if it doesn't happen.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:00:31 PM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 06:06:09 PM »
....I am not going to slit my wrists if it doesn't happen.

Ya know what....I'd probably go ahead and slit the wrists, man....just my 2 cents >:D

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 06:20:30 PM »
....I am not going to slit my wrists if it doesn't happen.

Ya know what....I'd probably go ahead and slit the wrists, man....just my 2 cents >:D

Hey Buddah, can you see your pockets to get your two pennies out, or does your gut cover your beltline?  :*))

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 07:15:11 PM »

You know what dude, don't have any worries, it's how you look and feel...on either of those i don't think i come close to the 40 number.

This conversation has gotten depressing.  Hitting way too close to home!! :(

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 10:16:57 PM »
Hey Buddah, can you see your pockets to get your two pennies out, or does your gut cover your beltline?  :*))

God, I wish I was as quick as the Schro.
Man he's good.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:24:21 PM by schro »

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 10:25:35 PM »
Thanks. It's good to be the Schro  O:O

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 11:16:12 AM »
Thanks. It's good to be the Schro  O:O

maybe. but the rest of us have a little higher aspirations.  ^-^

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!