Author Topic: Advantage- glasses on top of head  (Read 13152 times)

ugabulldog

Advantage- glasses on top of head
« on: July 26, 2007, 02:43:28 PM »
You can slide your glasses on top of your head when you are not using them (sunglasses or eyeglasses) and not worry about messing your hair up. Pus I don't think a guy looks right with glasses on top of head unless it's shaved. I wear prescription glasses even though I don't really need them to see. I am in sales and I think it makes me look smarter/more prefessional and I slide them on top of my head all the time. This is look I never did when I had hair.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Advantage- glasses on top of head
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 04:08:34 PM »
Yeah, I like that advantage considering I wear sunglasses almost everyday.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »
I wear sunglasses everytime I walk outside.  Sliding on top indoors is a plus.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline baldchief99

• Sly Guy in Training
    • http://www.myspace.com/stevesample76
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 09:22:57 PM »
This is one of my biggest complaints with being sly.  I hate having my sunglasses on top of my head and going to pull them down and them getting stuck on the way down.  When I have a little hair the glasses slide easier.  When totally sly I have to use 2 hands to pull them down.  I guess if this is my only sly complaint then I am doing alright huh! d5c*

ugabulldog

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 06:50:11 AM »
This is one of my biggest complaints with being sly.  I hate having my sunglasses on top of my head and going to pull them down and them getting stuck on the way down.  When I have a little hair the glasses slide easier.  When totally sly I have to use 2 hands to pull them down.  I guess if this is my only sly complaint then I am doing alright huh! d5c*

I'm with you there baldchief. I just think they look better ;) up there to begin with. I don't think glasses look good on top of a mans head w/ hair. I think it's because sly is more masculine and can pull it off. 

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 07:03:17 AM »
I agree that I think the sunglasses on top of the head looks pretty cool on a SLY dome.  But I've noticed with my metal framed glasses that it doesn't feel so good.  Kinda scratches and feels uncomfortable.  I've been thinking that I need to find a good pair with the plastic frames and that might be better.  Anyone else notice this??? ???
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

JohnMont

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 08:18:32 AM »
I'm blind as a bat without my glasses so I NEVER slide them up!  It is kind of a cool look, though.  Ugabulldog, you have an interesting look going with your clean shave and glasses.  Quietly confident, kind of an "Ed Harris " look.  Suits you well .

I had a professor years ago who was bald (mpb fringe) who spent the entire lecture sliding his glasses up and down ... CONTINUALLY.  Sweet guy.  Sometimes you just spent the whole class watching him do that, instead of paying attention to the lecture . .... 

ugabulldog

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »
Thanks John, you have a great sly look too.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 11:54:21 AM »
Im with john on that one .. I have to wear eyeglasses everyday and i have those clip ons that came with my glasses..so ti sorta looks like i have normal sunglasses on ..but I want a really sharp looking pair....but i checked in on em and about 200 bucks...i think i will just keep ti sly with the glasses.....

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 02:09:35 PM »
I'm like John, very blind without glasses or contacts.  I used to wear contacts but now I have to have bifocals.  Plus I don't know if I could get bifocal contacts with my really strong perscription for farsightedness.  But I have had glasses since 1st grade. I will have to put up a new avitar with the glasses.

JohnMont

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 04:07:25 PM »
I'm like John, very blind without glasses or contacts.  I used to wear contacts but now I have to have bifocals.  Plus I don't know if I could get bifocal contacts with my really strong perscription for farsightedness.  But I have had glasses since 1st grade. I will have to put up a new avitar with the glasses.

i saw the pic of you with glasses (and hair ! ) in ChristianChromedomes.  Actually thought you looked pretty good with hair, although you rock the sly look unquestionably.

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 05:16:12 AM »
I got tired of replacing my shades every time I turned around because the lenses were getting scratched...  :*))

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 06:59:50 AM »
I'd definetley saying sliding glasses up suits Sly guys the most,with both eyeglasses and shades. My biggest problem is that I always get my shades smudged with the almond oil that I put on my noggin for shine and I am forever wiping them. :*))

Bald_freak

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 03:45:36 PM »
how about this: bald guys and monoacles?

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 06:44:18 PM »
how about this: bald guys and monoacles?

You could get a magnet subdermaly implanted under your scalp to hold it there... [on your scalp]