Author Topic: First Beard: one month in  (Read 10098 times)

Offline Christian S

• Sly Jr.
First Beard: one month in
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »
Well, I've decided to grow a beard. Figured it was time. It's coming in nicely at about the one month mark. I wish that stupid area on each side of my mouth would grow in better though (connectors).

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: First Beard: one month in
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:50:19 PM »
Looks good.  The connectors will fill in in due time. Be patient and hang in there.  O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:51:19 PM »
Well, I've decided to grow a beard. Figured it was time. It's coming in nicely at about the one month mark. I wish that stupid area on each side of my mouth would grow in better though (connectors).

Hi SF12:  It's looking good.  Do you plan on keeping it through the fall and winter?

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Christian S

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 09:04:55 PM »

Hi SF12:  It's looking good.  Do you plan on keeping it through the fall and winter?

WARHAWK O0
Yes I do. It's past the itchy stage so now I can just relax and enjoy the journey. I'm aiming for either a Riker beard or something like Opie from Sons of Anarchy.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 09:17:13 PM »
It is coming in nicely. If you are aiming for the Riker look, you are almost there.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Country

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 09:24:57 PM »
The hardest part about growing a beard is to resist the urge to trim it. When I start growing mine I don't touch it for a month. Just comb it down and take scissors to the long ones but don't worry if part of it is thicker, just let it grow.  The first few times I grew a beard it took a lot longer to fill in probably a least 3 months. But every year it seems to look fuller.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 09:32:23 PM »
The hardest part about growing a beard is to resist the urge to trim it.

That and persevering through the scruffy stages.  After a few weeks it starts to fill in and look good and that is followed by another growth stage where it looks not so good.  Remember the end goal when you're having one of those "bad beard days".

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 11:02:47 PM »
Not bad for one month...you're well on your way!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 06:11:31 AM »
The beard is looking good, Shavefan.   O0   

Yes, the Riker beard was always a respectable beard even when they were not popular.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 06:42:04 AM »
It looks goods already.  Like others have said, give it time and it will fill in.  Takes mine about 3 months to look full, before that is is sparse in the same areas.  Resist the urge to trim or shave it off until then.
SlyBeard

Offline Christian S

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 09:09:41 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm way excited. And surprisingly my wife, who was dead set against me growing it, told me yesterday that it is looking really good. I may be winning her over!

Offline Country

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 12:11:18 PM »
My wife hates my beard but I only have it for about half the year. I made her a deal years ago that if she didn't grip about it I would grip about her hair. I just told her as long as she kept it longer than mine but that doesn't mean as much these days and it might be completely irrelevant in the future. The funny thing is she says she liked my goatee better when it wasn't as thick. I told her I hope that applies to my head as well.   

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »
May take longer than half the year for her to like the beard.  Took my wife about a year, I think it takes time for them to get accustom to the look.  If you shave after six months and later grow it back, the process starts over.
SlyBeard

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 11:21:37 PM »
hey shavefan12,
The look suits you O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 04:09:35 AM »
Looking good mate! It's well on it's way to being one awesome looking  beard, don't worry about how it looks now, on average it takes 3 months for everything to fill in, so you're only a 3rd of the way there! I bet you fill in quicker though, so don't stress  O0

As you said, just kick back and enjoy the journey!

Enter your email address: