Author Topic: Another should I be bald topic by a depressed guy  (Read 14039 times)

Offline logicaleak

• Sly Guy in Training
Another should I be bald topic by a depressed guy
« on: October 06, 2013, 04:19:04 PM »
Hello,

For last 2 years, I have lost a lot of hair. During the period I have shaved my hair a couple of times. However I am really self-conscious about the shape of my head.
I cannot accept to like it. So I want to take honest opinions from you guys. And please be honest, because you don't owe no politeness to me. And if I hear a lot
of, "bald is bad for you" from people, it will mean I have to work harder for hair transplant. So here are my pictures :

My current look of hair :

http://i.imgur.com/2KfGMZ3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bUEbRbH.jpg

My bald appearance :

http://i.imgur.com/GZiqhOu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AEZzSCX.jpg

The quality of bald pictures are somewhat worse.

The reason I am considering to go bald again, is if the hair in the most front is completely isolated from my other hair, i will have no choice but go bald. Because i think that would look so bad, and this kinda depresses me. I do not feel uncomfortable with bald head. But I really feel unattractive. And sometimes, shape of my head looks so retarded to me.

But then again, honest opinions please  = ).

Cheers.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Another should I be bald topic by a depressed guy
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 04:32:18 PM »
Hey, Logical.

I don't see what you are so worried about. You look fine with the bald head, and there is nothing out of line about your head's shape. Most of us see imperfections in ourselves that other people never even notice.

And I do not give out false compliments.

Welcome!
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline logicaleak

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 04:36:18 PM »
The top of my head feels a bit too pointy to me = ).

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 04:38:06 PM »
Logicaleak,

You look good either way.  You have a great beard that looks good with both of your looks.

I am a fan of the bald-and-bearded look... and it suits you well.  

don't fret.

Offline logicaleak

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 04:38:57 PM »
For example, your head, starting from your ear  level, makes a straight up first, then starts the bending. Mine however, directly starts the bending. I know i am sticking to details. But this is kinda how I think : P

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 04:39:44 PM »
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the "bald you".

The "hair you" on the other hand, looks rather messy.

You wanted honesty.

Offline logicaleak

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »
Logicaleak,

You look good either way.  You have a great beard that looks good with both of your looks.

I am a fan of the bald-and-bearded look... and it suits you well.  

don't fret.

Thank you. I have never shaved my beard for a lot of years. It just doesnt feel right without beard = )

Offline logicaleak

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 04:40:42 PM »
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the "bald you".

The "hair you" on the other hand, looks rather messy.

You wanted honesty.

Do you mean messy because of receding line, or messy because it is messy ?

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 04:51:19 PM »
You look fine bald, there's nothing wrong with your head shape.

Your hair is too long and that is  bringing attention to hair loss areas. If you don't feel ready to shave it all off then go shorter. I  too'd and fro'd between hair and a buzz cut for ages and that got me used to a shaved head. Just shaving it all off can be quite a shock especially if you're not sold on the idea. In some ways it's like admitting defeat to the MOB but it's not you're taking control

If you had some style cut into your hair it will look better. However, there is hair loss there so the shorter the better and you really have nothing to be depressed about. You're a good looking guy, so stand tall and be confident, fella.

Offline logicaleak

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 04:57:01 PM »
You look fine bald, there's nothing wrong with your head shape.

Your hair is too long and that is  bringing attention to hair loss areas. If you don't feel ready to shave it all off then go shorter. I  too'd and fro'd between hair and a buzz cut for ages and that got me used to a shaved head. Just shaving it all off can be quite a shock especially if you're not sold on the idea. In some ways it's like admitting defeat to the MOB but it's not you're taking control

If you had some style cut into your hair it will look better. However, there is hair loss there so the shorter the better and you really have nothing to be depressed about. You're a good looking guy, so stand tall and be confident, fella.

Thank you for your answer. I have tried shorter. However, somehow it shows hair loss areas even more. Because when it is long, it covers more area. At least it is how it felt for me. Also, I really really like long hair = ( .

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »
For example, your head, starting from your ear  level, makes a straight up first, then starts the bending.

Thanks, but look again. My head actually bulges out on the sides, then dips in before it starts the dome.

This is what I meant when I said we see our imperfections that others do not notice.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Marshal S.

Re: Re: Another should I be bald topic by a depressed guy
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »
As I see it, you look good in both sets of photos.  You have a long face, but so do a great many others.  Facial hair can be used to accentuate areas that make it look less narrow.  So do not worry about how it looks to other people.

Now, how you like your hair to be is another topic.  Do what you think looks good to you.  It will be you that has to live with it every day.  If you want a suggestion, I will say have it cut shorter than the first set, but not buzzed or shaved and see what you think.  Believe it or not, shorter styles actually diminish the appearance of hair loss.  Longer actually will call more attention to it.

Offline logicaleak

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Re: Another should I be bald topic by a depressed guy
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 05:02:33 PM »
As I see it, you look good in both sets of photos.  You have a long face, but so do a great many others.  Facial hair can be used to accentuate areas that make it look less narrow.  So do not worry about how it looks to other people.

Now, how you like your hair to be is another topic.  Do what you think looks good to you.  It will be you that has to live with it every day.  If you want a suggestion, I will say have it cut shorter than the first set, but not buzzed or shaved and see what you think.  Believe it or not, shorter styles actually diminish the appearance of hair loss.  Longer actually will call more attention to it.

To be honest, I even like how it looks right now. Receding hair line is cool to me up to a point. I could even say, current look of my hair sometimes feel better than my full healthy hair. However, it just does not stop and I know where it is going. And it is going there really fast.

Offline logicaleak

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 05:04:10 PM »
For example, your head, starting from your ear  level, makes a straight up first, then starts the bending.

Thanks, but look again. My head actually bulges out on the sides, then dips in before it starts the dome.

This is what I meant when I said we see our imperfections that others do not notice.

I noticed it, but it is not something bad in my opinion.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »
Welcome to SBG !  You really rock the sly look with facial hair !  Keep it for 30 days and adjust !  Keep it sly with facial fur and adjust as time goes baldingly by !  Good luck.  Keep us posted !