Author Topic: Another should I be bald topic by a depressed guy  (Read 14038 times)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Another should I be bald topic by a depressed guy
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 05:09:41 PM »

I noticed it, but it is not something bad in my opinion.

And your head's shape is not bad either, sir. Quit worrying about it.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Marshal S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another should I be bald topic by a depressed guy
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »

To be honest, I even like how it looks right now. Receding hair line is cool to me up to a point. I could even say, current look of my hair sometimes feel better than my full healthy hair. However, it just does not stop and I know where it is going. And it is going there really fast.

How fast is it going?  Will you be completely bald tomorrow, next week, two weeks?  If not, then you have time to decide and become comfortable with your decision.  If you like how it is right now, great.  I love it too.  Keep it that way until you think you need a change.

Offline logicaleak

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 05:39:40 PM »
I thank everybody who gave their time to my post. My self esteem is a lot better now. Thank you.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »
I'm glad you are feeling better about it now.  Your head shape is great.  Besides, I'm glad we don't all have the same exact head shape anyway.   ;)

We all have certain angles that our head may not look perfect in.... but what is a perfect head supposed to look like?

Offline Vogi_the_bald

• Sly Jr.
    • youtube
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 06:32:21 PM »
Hey. You look good bald. I think we all have the self conscious feeling when first shaving the head. I am new to the full shave, but I am never gong back. I have heard nothing but compliments. (except the jokes about lawnmower fights and such the first day at work) but that's how long it lasts. A day.  I have a small indentation AND bump on top of my head. No one ever mentioned it.

plus you look great bald. The beard looks great with the dome.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »
You look good with hair and without. You still have quite a lot of hair left and it looks  good. I was going to say your head looks good too but then you made a comment about how you thought it was odd. So I went back and looked at the pictures again. So now I'll say it - your head looks good, too! No one will be examining your head the way you are. And no one is perfect. If I look in the mirror too long, I see all sorts of bumps and indentations. So I don't look in the mirror too long! Seriously, you look great either way.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 08:42:23 PM »
Your head looks fine shaved - the imperfections are only noticed by ourselves.  You could choose to wait, but most sly guys say they wish they had shaved sooner.  Its that initial shock of looking in the mirror and seeing a shaved head.  That's why we recommend giving it at least 30 days to adjust to the change and decide if it is a keeper.  It will take family and friends longer to make the adjustment, so expect a few negative comments.

And either way, keep the beard.  It helps balance a shaved head, and if you choose not to shave your head, it helps detract attention away from thinning hair.
SlyBeard

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 01:53:24 AM »
G'day Logic,

Firstly welcome to this great family that is SGB, you can rest assured you will get the help/ information you are after :D

Now down to business :P You have a very similar hair loss to myself, I can't remember if you said how old you are, but at the time I finally took the plunge I was only 25 (I'd been receding since I was about 14), and honestly it's the best decision I ever made.

I know exactly what you mean about the buzz look enhancing your balding, that's exactly what it was like for me, that's why I just decided to shave it all off one June day last year. I think you'll feel so much better about yourself if you do shave your head, I know that it helped me.

I just want you to know though, and I'm not bs'ing you or anything here but you look great if your head completely sly with that beard, the bald and bearded combo is a great look, that's why many of us here sport it these days, and it works for you too! There is no reason based on looks alone you shouldn't go sly, and there is no reason you should feel any less attractive.

I think you will agree that if you are going to sly, you are going to want to go all the way (that's what I did, because the buzz closer idea made it look worse, in my eyes) SO I'd recommend you give the 30 day rule a crack, that is to shave your head every day (or every 2nd day id irritation doesn't allow) and this will do a number of things:

1, it will give YOU time to get used to seeing yourself sly,

2, it will give you time to perfect/improve your shaving technique and routine, head shaving can be quite different to face shaving,

3, It will give your family and friends time to get used to the new you.

I can almost 100% say that by the end of the 30 days you'll love the new you and you won't understand why you fussed about it so much in the beginning. You just have to be willing to commit to the 30 days. If you choose to do this, make sure to keep us updated with how you are going and we can help cheer you along  O0

Hope this helps you mate, and once again welcome to the family, hope I haven't waffled on too long.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 03:12:46 AM »
Welcome, logicleak! I think the beard is a nice touch with or without hair. I think you could pull it off even if you were to go with a shorter hairstyle instead of bald. (I think the bald and bearded looks good on you!). Whatever you do, please don't go the transplant route...It's not worth the money IMO.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 03:54:48 AM »
I'll vote with the guys who say you have nothing to worry about. You look more confident in the bald head.  Looks great with the  beard.  Go for it.

No need to fret.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 07:12:49 AM »
Beards do look good and you will look good sly

Offline logicaleak

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 12:44:35 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for all of your awesome comments. I am probably gonna keep my current hair for a little while. But I am sure eventually i will go for the bald. So with your encouragement, I dont fear it anymore. One question though, how frequently do you have to shave it ?

Cheers

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 01:17:57 PM »
depends, I shave mine daily because if I don't I'm more aware of my receeding and bald spot.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 01:23:34 PM »
My preference is for daily shaving.  Your frequency depends on how you feel about several factors.  The ones that come to mind are:

First is how well you scalp holds up to frequent shaving.  Some guys shave every two or three days due to irration from daily shaving.  For some, daily shaving is not an issue.

Second is preference for the feel of it.  Some of us get the urge to shave as soon as we loose the smooth skin feeling.  For us, it is daily, unless we get lazy and skip an occasional day.  For others, the feel is not a concern.

Third is the look.  If you have dark hair and pale skin, the shadow or stubble, may cause some to shave more frequently.  If you are ok with the look of two or three day stubble, this is not a concern.  FYI - you may still have a shadow with daily shaving.

Fourth is time.  Some just do not think daily shaving is worth the time.  However, with parctice, the time could be as low as only 5 minutes.  Also, if you wait too long between shaves, it may take more time to shave, especially if you have to add the step of using clippers first and then the razor.
SlyBeard

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 06:14:58 PM »
For me, it is a daily thing. Sometimes twice a day.

I really like the smooth feel, and I enjoy shaving as well.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)