Author Topic: What's different? Feather vs. Wilkenson  (Read 2173 times)

Offline MattD

• Sly Jr.
  • They call it the Damato
What's different? Feather vs. Wilkenson
« on: October 02, 2013, 03:36:38 PM »
So I have stuck to the DE face shaving for about 6 months now and haven't looked back. My local Wally World quick carrying Wilkenson Swords, which I became accustomed too and got a baby smooth shave with. So I ordered some Feathers to try out and the first one I've tried just doesn't seem to even be sharp!!

Is the blade grind different or am I making it up? All the threads I've read on here seem to praise Feathers for being good and sharp.

I've also ventured beyond VDH shave soap, and ordered some RazoRock Fresco shave cream soap that I have tried twice now. Doesn't seem to be as "slick" as the VDH....

P.S. Yes I've been MIA for a while, but all is good, life just gets BUSY from time to time.  :D

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What's different? Feather vs. Wilkenson
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 03:52:47 PM »
Matt-

Welcome back!

I like the feather blades... a lot. I also like those Wally World Wilkinson blades.
Different guys will have different experiences with the same brand of blades. Toss the blade that's in your razor now and try another. See if the result is the same.... maybe you just got a bad blade.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 08:50:59 PM »
Hi MattD:  Welcome back and like Mike stated... it might be a bad blade.  From my experience... that will happen on occasion.  Also... I would not give up on the Feather blade.  They are super, sharp and I get some incredible smooth face & dome shaves every time.  Feather blades are in my routine rotation of blades.

Keep us posted and kindly post up your SOTD in the Safety Razor Section of the Forum.  We can use some active participation.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline MattD

• Sly Jr.
  • They call it the Damato
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 09:39:31 AM »
Changed blade...... Problem Solved  O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »
Outstanding! Now go enjoy that Feather!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields