Author Topic: do I look better buzzed or w/ hair? pics inside  (Read 4355 times)

Offline tofur99

• Sly Jr.
do I look better buzzed or w/ hair? pics inside
« on: September 26, 2013, 02:22:38 PM »
hey guys, another lurker here!  24 years old, been losing the hair for years now.  Pretty demoralizing, I'm not gunna lie, but it is what it is.  At least I didn't get my leg bitten off by a shark or something, its all relative.

I have buzzed my hair down before, thanks to this site.  Unfortunately the only feedback I got on it was from my mother, and as what seems to be per usual among mothers, she hated it, even went so far as to show it to a friend of hers and tell me that she too doesn't think it looks good.  Well thanks, mom, way to be the supportive parent, haha!  Funnily enough I was pretty confident when it was at a tight buzz, like there was nothing left to be depressed about.  but I let it grow out due to pressure and now I'm back in the same place, debating taking it down again.  I wish I had asked more people about it, but after my moms reaction I preferred to not even know, lol.

BUT, I want you guys' opinions.  Be honest please, I'm a big boy and can take it.  Which looks better at this point, and what do you guys think about me taking it even shorter, how would my head shape rock it?  I'll let you be the judge.  The last picture is the longest I let it get anymore.

MarshalArtist

Re: Re: do I look better buzzed or w/ hair? pics inside
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 02:31:44 PM »
I think they all suit you.  I think mom is wrong.  Do what you like.  Mom will learn to live with it.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: do I look better buzzed or w/ hair? pics inside
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 03:03:42 PM »
Do what you like, but I think buzzed looks better, and I think you have a great looking dome if you ever decide to shave it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 03:28:06 PM »
Buzzed. No question in my mind.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »
Buzzed looks good
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

MarshalArtist

Re: Re: Re: Re: do I look better buzzed or w/ hair? pics inside
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »
I think they all suit you.  I think mom is wrong.  Do what you like.  Mom will learn to live with it.

As I've thought about what you wrote about being "confident with a tight buzz," I think that speaks volumes. You like it that way. I say do what gives you confidence.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 03:42:18 PM »
Now if you check my posts I tend not just to tell everyone to buzz their hair, so if I say buzz it, then buzz it. I think with your hairline it looks better buzzed, you're a good looked guy so it'll work if you go down further.

Mothers - you'll never win them over!

MarshalArtist

Re: Re: do I look better buzzed or w/ hair? pics inside
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »
Oh Slyest.  If only we could all be as objective as you.  :P

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 05:54:22 PM »
I say stick with a tight buzz for a while. It's a look you like, and if it makes you feel more confident, all the better. In time you will probably want to give a blade shave a try. You've still got plenty of hair, so relax and don't worry about Mom, she'll get used to it.  O0

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »
The tight buzz looks best.  Moms almost never like buzzed or shaved heads on their sons.  OK for other guys, just not their sons.  Took my mom almost two years to give up on the negative comments, and I was almost 50 years old.
SlyBeard

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »
I think the tight buzz is a good look on you. Your Mom will get accustomed to it soon enough... change is sometimes difficult for our parents.

My Dad's first words to me when I shaved my head the first time (Keep in mind that I had way less hair on top than you do)... "What, are you crazy?".

I just laughed it off and we laughed about it together later. It just took him a little time to adapt to my new look.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline oakdan5

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 09:20:49 PM »
I like it better buzzed and I am not a sly guy yet, your hairline is not too bad as of right now and it looks better with that closer buzz IMO.

Offline tofur99

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 07:53:14 AM »
thanks for the feedback guys!

seems like buzzed is the clear winner, I'm gunna buzz it and keep it buzzed this time.  lol, don't know what it is with parents and buzzed heads, I think they grew up in a time when a buzzed head had bad connotations attached to it or something.

does anyone have any suggestions for a good method to do this?  I'm thinking more along the lines of limiting the cleanup, especially once your buzzing with already short hair, little tiny hairs go everywhere.  When taking the longer hair down I just shave it into a trash bin.   

Offline tofur99

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 09:05:08 AM »
just finished!  you guys are right, this is a better look.  Its sharper, feels great to not have anything there to fuss over, not having the top all stumpy and thin and the sides as full and thick as ever. 

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 09:33:52 AM »
Glad to hear that you're grooving on it. Good show.

Enter your email address: