Author Topic: do I look better buzzed or w/ hair? pics inside  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Tim1776

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: do I look better buzzed or w/ hair? pics inside
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 09:43:26 AM »
Hey man, good call - you'll look good with the buzz.

On moms, there's a lot going on there, so don't worry too much about it.  Yeah, there's probably a little hangup on old stereotypes.  They also instinctively have a hard time letting go of their little boy, which this ties into. 

She also might just be trying to help - she probably knows you're not loving losing your hair, and is in some way trying to reassure you that you don't look bad as is.  When I was 17 and it started for me, I freaked and went to my mom and said, "I think I'm losing my hair!!!"  For awhile, she'd assure me that I had the same amount of hair as the day I was born.  A year or so later when it started to be clear that wasn't the case, she tried helping me find all kinds of ways to get it to stop.  Probably not what I needed, but she didn't know any better!  Cut her some slack, and she'll get used to it!

Offline tofur99

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 11:50:33 AM »

On moms, there's a lot going on there, so don't worry too much about it.  Yeah, there's probably a little hangup on old stereotypes.  They also instinctively have a hard time letting go of their little boy, which this ties into. 

She also might just be trying to help - she probably knows you're not loving losing your hair, and is in some way trying to reassure you that you don't look bad as is.  When I was 17 and it started for me, I freaked and went to my mom and said, "I think I'm losing my hair!!!"  For awhile, she'd assure me that I had the same amount of hair as the day I was born.  A year or so later when it started to be clear that wasn't the case, she tried helping me find all kinds of ways to get it to stop.  Probably not what I needed, but she didn't know any better!  Cut her some slack, and she'll get used to it!

haha yeah my mom was the same.  Trying to tell me I'm not losing my hair when I'm sure I am.  I think she was in denial actually, I think she's more attached to my hair than I am.  I have a small scar on my hairline that obviously never moves, and used to be covered by hair.  Now its like an inch lower than the hairline, lol.  ah well.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 11:55:33 AM »

Yes, Moms can be that way for sure !  It's your hair or soon lack of it so keep it buzzed tighter and everyone will adjust and then you might consider the sly look

Enter your email address: