Author Topic: My story and partial success/recovery  (Read 1160 times)

Offline internationalguru

• Learning the way of Sly
My story and partial success/recovery
« on: September 05, 2013, 07:49:14 AM »
Hey Everyone!

My name is Rob and I've been suffering from alopecia areata for 8 years. This started to happen near the end of high school until now. During these 8-9 years I've been known as the "hat guy" or if anyone has seen my hair before they would question what happened immaediately. Over the course of 8 years, my hair has fell and regain and fell out again. Regains happen for certain spots quite often but falls off within 1-2 months. I've tried many solutions from the injection shots to the cream and then to chinese medicine and even the traditional "secret" chinese ways and none of them have worked. I pretty much gave up after many attempts of different formulas, but then recently about half a year ago I started noticing a trend. I'm a programmer so I have to work in the office or at home quite often and I noticed that my hair falls out more when I'm stuck in a room for a long time. I'm not stressed out, but just the environment in general. So, I tried two things out, one was where a friend reccomended me to buy this humidifer that was portable and that I can carry around. Here's the humidifer amzn.to/1dJDlAy So I pretty much had this with me everywhere I went. The second thing I tried along with the humidifer was to use toothpaste and a toothbrush to brush my scalp. I figured that the chinese medicine have been using a lot of toothpaste on other medical treatments so I decided to see if I could give the burn a try. After about two months almost all my hair came back and havent fell off for 4 months now. I still have a few dime size spots here and there but I can outgrow it and just cover it. Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:37:06 AM by internationalguru »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: My story and partial success/recovery
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 05:40:35 PM »
Hey Wilson, welcome to SBG. Any chance you can provide us with some before and after pictures?  I've never heard of toothpaste working on anything like this. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline 50plus

• Sly
Re: My story and partial success/recovery
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 06:12:16 AM »
hi Rob. Thanks for sharing your story. I too have not heard of the toothpaste idea. With respect I think the chance of it

working are about the same as me gaining a metre in height by tomorrow morning. Well ok ..you have a slightly better chance

than that.

Bob, I too have had alopecia for roughly the same amount of time as you. I was not a hat person however but rather a wig

(hair program) guy. I buzzed and finally shaved the lot x number of weeks ago and I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've

never experienced this level of happiness for a long, long time. I can't tell you what to do but I saw a lot of me in your story.

I was nineteen and her name was Renee. She was perfect. (referring to the long long time ago mentioned above)

Enter your email address: