Author Topic: HeadSlick is fantastic!  (Read 9036 times)

benlen

HeadSlick is fantastic!
« on: July 09, 2013, 03:14:41 PM »
So yesterday was the first time I'd ever seen Headblade products in a store. I went to Walgreens thinking to pick up some more Bald Guyz razor cream, which was pretty good––it caused me to bleed sometimes from shaving too closely, but it was faster to use than canned shaving cream.

I didn't find the Bald Guyz at Walgreens, but instead found one bottle left of Headslick. The price, to me, seemed a little high (and inflated by Boston prices) but I decided to give it a try anyway.

Wow, this is great stuff! I was very impressed with how, with just a little amount of the headslick, I shaved my whole head faster and with minimal irritation. The smell is great, too.

I know this site is big on Headblade, so I thought that maybe some of those reviews were a little too glowing, but now I understand.

When I use up my blades for my Hydro 5, I'll def consider trying out a Headblade ATX.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
Re: HeadSlick is fantastic!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 03:33:11 PM »
Agree with you about HeadSlick. Use it to shave around the edges of my beard, too.

You're lucky to get in a shop. As far as I can tell, there's only one shop in the whole of the UK which sells HeadSlick. Otherwise, it's online.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 05:59:20 PM »
I've been using HeadSlick for two years, so I'm obviously a fan.  It works well with a brush, too.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 06:01:37 AM »
I've got a bottle arriving in the mail here shortly.  The price does seem rather high, but one bottle seems to last forever.  As much as I like it, I do wish they'd come out with an Aloe Vera version.  Sometimes I just don't want to smell menthol first thing in the morning.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 06:54:45 AM »
Great product. One bottle usually can last me a year or even longer. Now if only the bottle didn't clog up so much....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 08:02:55 AM »
I've got a bottle arriving in the mail here shortly.  The price does seem rather high, but one bottle seems to last forever.  As much as I like it, I do wish they'd come out with an Aloe Vera version.  Sometimes I just don't want to smell menthol first thing in the morning.

Actually, HeadSlick is mentholated. Although I find that it doesn't seem as strongly mentholated as it used to and it doesn't have a strong odour.

I started using it in Nov 2012 and found that when I reapplied some for my second pass (back to front), I could actually feel a bit of tingle. Not sure if I just got acclimatized to it or if it is not as strong as it used to be.

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 03:20:32 AM »
I've been using head slick for several years now and love it, I don't think I will ever use anything else.
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »
It lasts so long because a little goes a long way.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 01:21:11 PM »
It's great stuff. I really like the menthol, it gives a nice cooling effect.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 07:38:31 PM »
I've been using headslick since day one of head shaving.  Don't use any other shaving cream.

One bottle lasts a LONG time.

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 10:08:30 AM »
Nice find (LOL on Boston prices!!) - I need to go out and see if there are any razor/shave shops around these here parts...

HeadSlick works great, my only beef with it is the nozzle is tough to close (HeadLube is the same way). I don't know if that has been anyone else's experience? The odor is a little odd to me - almost faintly medicinal. Not to knock it, a little DOES go a long way. I haven't tried it with the brush yet (LOVE lathering with the brush, that badger never had it so good!  ;D ) and it does do it's job...very well.

I might try it tonight with the brush, I usually only use it for the soap.

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »
Nice find (LOL on Boston prices!!) - I need to go out and see if there are any razor/shave shops around these here parts...

HeadSlick works great, my only beef with it is the nozzle is tough to close (HeadLube is the same way). I don't know if that has been anyone else's experience? The odor is a little odd to me - almost faintly medicinal. Not to knock it, a little DOES go a long way. I haven't tried it with the brush yet (LOVE lathering with the brush, that badger never had it so good!  ;D ) and it does do it's job...very well.

I might try it tonight with the brush, I usually only use it for the soap.

I hadn't notice issues with closing, but the earlier tops had 3 smaller holes instead of 1 large one and they tended to clog. I picked up a couple of the pumps from the HeadBlade site for my HeadSlick and HeadLube, so no issues there anymore and they make it easier to get the right amount.

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 01:26:39 PM »
Tried Head Slick a couple of times and each time I have experienced razor burn. Had to go back to Shave Secret. I'm willing to give it another try though eventually. The combo of raw shea butter and Shave Secret has been working extremely well for me.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 11:30:37 PM »
I've been using Headslick for a couple of weeks now and for my next shave I'm going back to my Neutrgena for Sensitive Skin Shave Gel.  I don't know if my skin's changed or what but my previous rough patches have become very irritated bordering on burned since I started using Headslick again.  Doesn't matter if I use my HB Shark or my Schick Hydro and that tells me it's gotta be the glide I'm using.   
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

MarshalArtist

Re: Re: HeadSlick is fantastic!
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 12:35:32 AM »
The problem could be the menthol. It is not an uncommon chemical sensitivity and by introducing it into rough spots and nicks you may have become sensitized to it.
I guess HeadSlick is not an option for me. I'm allegic to eucalyptus. :(