Author Topic: How long did it take u 2 b an almost perfect..........  (Read 5241 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
How long did it take u 2 b an almost perfect..........
« on: June 30, 2007, 10:01:36 PM »
hey guys.... just wondering how long did it take u 2 b an almost perfect shaver of the dome:  1 month, 2 months,
6 months, a year???  or r u still not comfortable shaving your dome.

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: How long did it take u 2 b an almost perfect..........
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 10:12:12 PM »
I still learn stuff from what you guys post.  But, overall I'm pretty satisfied with my routine.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 11:57:46 PM »
I'd say a couple of months.   Since then my routine hasn't changed much.
bald for life

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 05:49:06 AM »
Didn't begin to get a great routine until I started picking up advice from you guys.  Then it took about a month to get it "perfect" for me.  Of course I am always picking up possibilities from new posts as well.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 05:52:07 AM »
I'm just starting in my third month and it is still improving.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

jusbnme

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 11:18:04 PM »
Always learning new things from the forum.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 10:01:03 AM »
Dunno about perfect but after about a month I stopped having any issues and was happy with the routine/shave when done.   O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Darrell

• Sly Jr.
  • Official Kilt of The United States Marine Corps
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 08:28:34 PM »
It took me about 6 weeks of experimenting with different routines. Now I pretty much have it worked out were I seldom get any bumps or nicks and get a completely smooth dome every time.

Darrell

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 08:36:57 PM »
I just passed my one year anniversary of being sly; July 4. I think I joined Slybaldguys.com in February or March, so it took 7-8 months to get it right.

That's because I learned so many tips and techniques from you guys. Thanx! O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 08:57:37 PM »
challengme... congrats on your 1 year anniversary.  i'll b entering my 3rd month of being sly this coming july 24, 2007.  i'm luving every moment of it.  can't c myself going back.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 08:06:54 PM »
I gotten pretty fast over the years and can shave my head against the grain by feel.  it takes me much longer to do my face.  Can do both in just a few minutes if I need to but always take my time.  Shave in the shower-best tip of all

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 11:17:11 PM »
Heck I need to check to see when i started shaving but I think it has been about 6 weeks now. I have found i just jumped right in with all the experimenting and all..there were some rough days let me tell ya...the razor burn..the nicks....the oh damn i missed a spot stuff.  WEll i think my dome is pretty well seasoned and all adn Like i said I use the headblade dn the headslick and then finish it off with a burst of cold water and then an icecube....then aloe vera from teh fridge.  I use to have to do it front of the sink and now the past 2 weeks i have been doign it in the shower...only thing i dont liek abou the shower is..soemtimes the headslick will run down to my eyes..adn it is mentholated...so kinda hurts...but i would say it took me 3 weeks to find what works best for me.  But always out there trying the things yo all come up with .

JohnMont

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 11:36:08 PM »
so i guess I shouldn't feel impatient that I don't have it down perfect after five days.  I find that their are rough spots that I missed after cleaning off all the lather; then I'm tempted to go over it with just water.   I found that kind of irritating , so don't do it anymore.  So far the Edge shaving gel (unscented, hypo-allergenic) and aloe / witchhazel gel for 'aftershave' are working great.  No irritation, and no nicks/cuts to speak of.   Maybe I'm just having 'beginner's luck'! 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 05:23:12 AM »
so i guess I shouldn't feel impatient that I don't have it down perfect after five days.  I find that their are rough spots that I missed after cleaning off all the lather; then I'm tempted to go over it with just water.   I found that kind of irritating , so don't do it anymore.  So far the Edge shaving gel (unscented, hypo-allergenic) and aloe / witchhazel gel for 'aftershave' are working great.  No irritation, and no nicks/cuts to speak of.   Maybe I'm just having 'beginner's luck'! 

Damn John.

You've only been shaving for under 1 month and you get results like that in your avatar? That's a damn good job my friend. It has taken me nearly 9 months to get to a comfortable routine that I can prepare,shave,post shave apply and be out the door with not a single bit of irritation.

I too continually learn stuff from the forums and that is why I think they are so great.

Offline unixchf

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 09:50:03 AM »
I'm new to the forum, but not so new to the Sly.  I have been doing this for a few years now, and I don't think you ever get perfect.  You'll have times where everything is awesome and you think you have technique and then the weather changes and a bump forms that you now have to change your motion.  It gets easier to get around these things, but I have never found the perfect routine.  I do find the shower seems to be the best place to shave.
Don't Panic!

Enter your email address: