Author Topic: New Here and hope for a push  (Read 9037 times)

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: New Here and hope for a push
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »
thanks everyone.. still a bit of a shock and im not used to it although it feels great... the great news is my scalp has totally healed.. its like some kind of micarcle.. i dunno wether i should now risk growing it back!

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 06:07:10 PM »
thanks everyone.. still a bit of a shock and im not used to it although it feels great... the great news is my scalp has totally healed.. its like some kind of micarcle.. i dunno wether i should now risk growing it back!

It'll possibly come back if you leave it to grow back out. When I left mine longer than two weeks between clips, I would feel it coming back by the end of the third week. So for a while I clipped direct every two weeks with a wahl bald fader, then went sly which my scalp loves and yours might too by the sounds of it 😃
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2013, 06:35:10 PM »
so you think i should keep it shaved from now on?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2013, 07:39:07 PM »

I wouldn't risk growing it back.  We've had similar reports from other guys here over the years and the problem seems to return with the hair.  If your skin seems to be in good condition at the moment,  now would be a good time to take the blade to it.  I wouldn't shave in the midst of a flare-up but it sounds like you've got the all-clear for now.  The blade will help keep your scalp exfoliated.

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2013, 07:50:04 PM »
its the best condition ive ever known it.

Is it natural to still after a day not be used to it.. despite the good feedback im still not letting it sink in this could be the new me

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2013, 07:56:52 PM »
Irony and good fortune combined!

A guy at work was telling me that he has thought about shaving since he saw me do it, but he has outbreaks of psoriasis on his head that prevent it.

I am going to share this information with him.

Thank you!

(and giving yourself time to adjust is the reason for the thirty-day rule.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:42:55 PM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »
glad it could be of use.. tell him how worried i was but how its best scalp has ever been and thats within just one day! its mad

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2013, 03:47:29 AM »
YES, it will likely take a few days or weeks for YOU to get used to the new look.  Part of the reason for the 30 day rule.

By 30 days, you'll be well on your way to enjoying the new look.

I find that even after more than a year, I'm still amazed that this bald head is me.  I really like the look, but just so different from 59 years of hair.  But I'm not going back to hair. I like this look too much. Continue to get good comments from those who meet me or work with me. 

Bald looks good on you. 

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2013, 09:39:07 PM »
its the best condition ive ever known it.

Is it natural to still after a day not be used to it.. despite the good feedback im still not letting it sink in this could be the new me

This is great news after so long of having deal with the flippin' psoriasis! :x!
It is perfectly natural to be going through different feelings about the change. I'd suggest not fighting those feelings, just accept they are there and be aware they are there. That awareness without fighting an inner battle against them will help

Also focus on the positives, a scalp that is happy! No more worrying about styling your hair, a fresh new look, a new chapter, the more you think of positives the more they will appear  O0
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:41:59 PM by Crowbar »
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2013, 02:15:47 PM »
Congrats, looks good.  O0
and congratulations to your vanishing psoriasis. Is with me that way. Since I wear bald, the psoriasis on the head is as good as gone.

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2013, 07:30:33 PM »
bud how id you go about going total slu with psorises? im worried bout doing it incase it reacts to shaving

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »
I had my first head shaving on vacation and had a first shock. I had a lot of red spots on the head. After a few days in the sun they were gone. I then shaved every few weeks with the clippers but the red spots came back. That was frustrating. In a later holiday, I went to a Turkish barber he did the perfect job and made a blade shave. The red spots disappeared. That convinced me to shave my head regularly. Whenever the hair is too long, there are the red spots. I hope it is with you that way. I think you should try it. go for it. good luck O0