Author Topic: New Here and hope for a push  (Read 9032 times)

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: New Here and hope for a push
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 12:35:30 PM »
Also, I tried something else new last week and got my ears pierced for the first time. .

If you can get your ears pierced, then shaving your head will be a breeze. Reach for that razor.  ;)

as easy as that? i felt that the piercing was a big deal for me and something id always wanted to do.. expected pain but didnt hurt and afterwards i really liked it. 

my scalps been pretty bad today due to the hair coming in quite bushy and thick and the weather being really hot.  I just dunno... ill commit maybe if someone can give me a step by step plan asap?

i just dunno

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 01:35:23 PM »
Sorry for my English, but I'm not a native speaker. I suppose you want to change your appearance. A first step you have done and you say you like your earrings.  I think just as easily and with a similar success it will be, when you give yourself a new haircut that you really want a long time. Each needs its own time, but when you finally have a bald head, you wonder, why you have not done it before. Go ahead and take the mob down. I think you'll look good and you will like your new style. O0
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:18:38 PM by bud »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 01:50:38 PM »
I'm a bit biased but earrings go well with shaved heads, IMO.....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 02:26:22 PM »
ie aays thought that too!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 04:13:35 PM »
bald head and earring is not a bad look.  You're half way there.
Roger

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 05:29:59 PM »
with all this encourgment im feeling tonight may be the night.

ive read some health care forums and to shave it with a razor is risky due to the psorises, but my dad and uncle were pretty much bald without doing that.. whats the best way to go mega short without that.

im feeling more positive now.. wether i do or not is totally differnt lol!

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 05:37:29 PM »
I agree and say just do it. As they all said, at the WORST CASE SCENERIO, it's a bad haircut and within a week you will have fuzz. Please note that you will have a pale scalp and likely discover a few moles and spots, shave carefully with a new razor and show off some pic's.  good luck, I agree that I think it will look great.  ( by the wy, a first shower on scalp feels strange. Watch the videos and how-to's and then go for it. My beat devices a hot shower and open the pores is important. 
AKA Gimpy

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »
If you cannot use a razor, use a hair clipper without combs or set to the shortest length possible.  You will not be smooth, but the look will be almost identical.
My wife's business partner does it that way, and it really looks like he shaves.

Once you start to take it off, the anxiety goes away.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:02:38 PM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 06:02:49 PM »
so you think once i start the anxiety goes? so its just getting to that starting point so i cant back out hmmm

Offline Cave Dweller

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
I am speaking from experience.  It took me several minutes of just staring into the mirror with the clippers poised against my hairline before I just took a deep breath and started in.  The wait and the weight were over right then.

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 06:12:54 PM »
sounds familiar.. ive had the clippers to my head a few times but just not had them move back!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 06:22:28 PM »
Well, the only way you ever will know if you like it is to do it.  The hair you have now can always grow back in.

All I can tell you is that I never looked back once I started.  A lot of guys report that their only regret is having waited so long to do it.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 06:38:27 PM »
My first razor shave was in the shower.  A bit of anxiety once I realized that there was no turning back.  The razor went right across the front and center.  By the end of the first day and nobody said anything !!!  Relief.  Now get good comments all the time. Have not looked back for more hair.  Love it bald.

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 07:16:51 PM »
thats cool.. evry few days i have to use a steriod cream on my head but with thick hair it gets caught up and looks greasy and awful... one thing ive said to talk myself out of shaving head is that if scalps bad under the hair id feel awful but my house mate cleared that up by saying 'with no hair there the cream can go direct on it if its bad' so guess that wont work now to talk myself out of it lol

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 09:56:31 PM »
thanks for advice! i couldnt do it so got clippers plugged in and asked room mate to do it for me no matter what i say... hes on his way now.. i decided on having it done with no guard!

Enter your email address: