Author Topic: This July 4th, I plan on claiming Independance from my hair. Help Please?  (Read 8709 times)

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
4) I am really worried about what everybody is going to say or think, don't want to sound like I'm bragging or nothing, but I know a lot of damn people, and it would be so annoying to have everybody lookin at me like "What the hell did you do?"

Much of this concern is unfounded.  When I was balding, I would get those snide little put downs several times a week, but after shaving, those remarks have stopped completely. 

A few people who are genuinely interested in your motivation may ask why you did it (in the past year, this has happened only twice to me).  I have found it sufficient to say, politely and confidently, "because I felt like it."

I think you will like it, and if not, by the time you go back on Monday, you will have some hair again.  Wish you luck...

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Chico:  Two days until lift off er shave off.  Keep reading this thread and, as the old Nike ad says, Just Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   O0
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
One of the best benefits of going SLY is no longer being in bondage to what other people think!  If we gain acceptance merely based on our appearance then what value is there in that relationship?

The relationships that matter are those based on who we are, not what we look like!   O:O

To all those "shallow minded" associates I like to say...

"Y'all please feel free to get in line to kiss my hairy white butt!"   :*))

WHOOPS!  Did I say that?  I’m a bad little bald guy!   :-X

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Amen Sarge, Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

BigJimW

Well, todays the day! Did you do it? If so, link us a pic. :)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
chico?!?  where r u, brah?  did u do it, yet???  man.... JUST DO IT!!!  my soon 2 b sly brah!

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Drum rolll please!    B@%d
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Yeah bro... can we start the celebration?   P@^

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

BALDANDRE

Chico! Hey have you done the deed?

Dude...time to show that gleamin' new bald dome!

DON'T disappoint...YOU did make the post bro!

Hope the next time you type us a message , your nice , slick and SLY! 8)

Offline Chico D

• Sly
Yeah man, I did it!  Well I shaved it all down with the clippers without the guard.  Wanna tan it up first.  Check out my other post that I just put up under Reactions to Being Bald

JohnMont

One of the best benefits of going SLY is no longer being in bondage to what other people think!  If we gain acceptance merely based on our appearance then what value is there in that relationship?

This is a a great sentiment.  To be sly is to be free from needing the approval of those around us in regard to the very personal issue of WHAT YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE

If you haven't done it yet; I say 'go ahead' .  If you're still worried about how you'll look, just let me say that you have very good features; quite handsome, and the head shave will make you look even more striking.  Not to mention, as many have said, the confidence you will exhude due to taking such a big step .

John

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life

Wanna tan it up first. 

Chico...that could be a while....I thought the same thing...but that area takes a while to react to sun.

Yeah, it feels and looks quite foreign to see that pale, fish-belly-lookin slab of sushi.....but ya gotta get through that stage without ANY hair up there.

I know...one step at a time....but I went through the same reasoning with the clipped look....and it wasn't until I took the plunge and bic'd it that the noggin was really able to get "seasoned" and "in shape"

Anyone else got my back on this? @n(

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
Chico, I think Robmeister's correct on this one.  While buzzing it down will help you to get some sun on your dome, it's better to go ahead and shave it slick so that your skin can begin being acclimated to being exposed to the elements and will thus "toughen" up.  I've been sly for over a month (about 6 wks) and I really can't tell a difference in skin color yet, but the slyness has been rejuvenating in many ways!  Come on, you've already gone as far as you can with the clippers, take a fresh blade to your dome and you won't believe how great it'll make you feel!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility

Wanna tan it up first. 

Chico...that could be a while....I thought the same thing...but that area takes a while to react to sun.

Yeah, it feels and looks quite foreign to see that pale, fish-belly-lookin slab of sushi.....but ya gotta get through that stage without ANY hair up there.

I know...one step at a time....but I went through the same reasoning with the clipped look....and it wasn't until I took the plunge and bic'd it that the noggin was really able to get "seasoned" and "in shape"

gotcha back bubba. O0 O0

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BigJimW

I had this same thing. I thought it was subble from my gray hair, but it was actually my scalp that hasn't seen the sun since I was born. I shaved it clean, and it looked white still.

Give it some time Chico. Being Sly is a process, not a single event. My "sushi" look is starting to slowly get color. Don't try to tan all at once, or you'll get a burn on the dome and then you'll get a call from the fire department asking if they can use your dome for their new revolving red light on their fire truck.  :*))

So I got your back Robmeister. It's quite true.  :o