Author Topic: Stocking up on blades  (Read 5254 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Stocking up on blades
« on: June 24, 2007, 07:44:55 PM »
I finally got my eBay issues straightened out and could not resist a deal that they had for 100 Mach III Turbo blades for $95 and free shipping.  I've always used the regular Mach III blades but this was the best deal they had going for any blade, so I decided to give it a try.  They arrived a few days ago.  I have not tried them yet, as I still have one fresh regular Mach III left over to use up first.

I never stopped to think until this morning that at the rate of one blade every two weeks (which is how long I typically get out of a blade), this stockpile is going to last me for about four years.   :o :o  Guess that will prevent me from defecting to the Headblade or Fusion in the meantime. 

I also remembered something that I had long forgotten:  when I first started shaving my dome, I wouldn't buy large quantities of razor blades, because I still wasn't sure if I would continue to shave on a long-term basis.  (It took me a while to totally commit to sly).  I can remember buying a 4 pack of Mach III blades (8 weeks supply) and wondering if I would ever manage to keep my head shaved for 8 whole weeks.   Needless to say, that is no longer an issue for me.    ;D

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: Stocking up on blades
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 07:52:56 PM »
So does this mean you're finally "committed"???
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 07:55:52 PM »

Either that or that I should be committed.   :*)) :*))

I have to admit, it took a while for me to get used to the sly look.  It wasn't that I didn't like it, but it didn't feel like it was me.  For a good while, I felt like I was wearing a disguise or something.  If this forum had been around back then, I'd probably have become comfortable with it a lot sooner. 

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 08:11:33 PM »

If this forum had been around back then, I'd probably have become comfortable with it a lot sooner. 

Without this forum and support of all the SLY brothers, I would probably still be a wanna-be-SLY.  I have to say that I have alot of respect for all of you guys who had the guts to make such a change without the kind of support and encouragement that SBG's gives.  8)
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 08:17:47 PM »

Without this forum and support of all the SLY brothers, I would probably still be a wanna-be-SLY.  I have to say that I have alot of respect for all of you guys who had the guts to make such a change without the kind of support and encouragement that SBG's gives.  8)

You only needed the slightest of pushes in the right direction.  It did not take much arm-twisting at all to convince you to go sly.  You are such a "natural" sly guy, you seem like an old pro.  I was surprised when you pointed out not too long ago that you only took the plunge two months ago .  Seems like you have been here and sly forever. 8)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »
razorx.... glad that u got your ebay problem solved.  MAN... u got a gr8 deal on the mach 3 power razors.  u got 2 give us a review on the power machs.  wow... u sure make those razors last???  so.... u average one razor per week?  wow.... i use the regular fusion and absolutely luv it but each blade last about an average of 4 or 5 good shaves on my dome.  do u think it depends on one's head.

i don't think i'll switch 2 any blade because the fusion rocks.  maybe u can give me some tips on making a razor last if that is possible.  anyways.... what do u think?  i've been sly since april 2007 and still learning and seeking tips.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 09:29:21 PM »
razorx.... glad that u got your ebay problem solved.  MAN... u got a gr8 deal on the mach 3 power razors.  u got 2 give us a review on the power machs.  wow... u sure make those razors last???  so.... u average one razor per week?  wow.... i use the regular fusion and absolutely luv it but each blade last about an average of 4 or 5 good shaves on my dome.  do u think it depends on one's head.

i don't think i'll switch 2 any blade because the fusion rocks.  maybe u can give me some tips on making a razor last if that is possible.  anyways.... what do u think?  i've been sly since april 2007 and still learning and seeking tips.

WARHAWK O0

Just to clarify -- these are the Mach III Turbo, not the Mach III Power (haven't tried that one).  I usually get two weeks out of a blade.  No magic secret; I just keep using them for two weeks and then throw them away.  I don't know how people only get one or two days out of a blade.  Maybe the amount of hair that needs to be shaved and the texture have something to do with how long the blade lasts.  I don't have a whole lot of hair on top, but it still needs to be shaved and I have a lot around the sides and back.  I also use the same blade for my face.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 11:12:41 PM »
That's a great deal RazorX!!  I'm going to have to go hunting for some sensor blades on eBay soon.  I have my stock of Fusion, but I use the Sensor Excel on my HeadBlade.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 05:20:19 AM »
I have to admit, it took a while for me to get used to the sly look.  It wasn't that I didn't like it, but it didn't feel like it was me.  For a good while, I felt like I was wearing a disguise or something.  If this forum had been around back then, I'd probably have become comfortable with it a lot sooner. 

Man, that is hard to believe Razor, I mean the sly is so you and your support of it so outstanding.  I wouldn't have ever thought you had doubts about taking the plunge.    That's great info to share for those guys who think they are the only ones hesitant about going sly.    And great deal on those blades.  I am also a sensor user and will have to see if I can get that good a deal.  Thanks
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 05:28:15 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 06:11:38 AM »
so.... u average one razor per week?  wow.... i use the regular fusion and absolutely luv it but each blade last about an average of 4 or 5 good shaves on my dome.  do u think it depends on one's head.

WARHAWK O0

I just  purchased a fusion power phantom last week and I noticed that I could not get a full week out of the first blade.  Don't know if this is a fluke.  I have always gotten a week out of the Mach 3.  Also, I noticed that since using the fusion I have nicked myself several times.  This never happened with the Mach 3.  I'll probably go back to the Mach 3 if the rest of my fusion blades give me the same experience.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 06:58:57 AM »

Man, that is hard to believe Razor, I mean the sly is so you and your support of it so outstanding.  I wouldn't have ever thought you had doubts about taking the plunge.    That's great info to share for those guys who think they are the only ones hesitant about going sly.   

I really didn't get a lot of feedback when I shaved, which was fine at first because I really didn't want to draw a lot of attention to myself.  But then the doubts started setting in and I started wondering if the lack of comments was because people didn't think it was a big deal or if I looked stupid and no one wanted to tell me.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 07:00:31 AM »

I just  purchased a fusion power phantom last week and I noticed that I could not get a full week out of the first blade.  Don't know if this is a fluke.  I have always gotten a week out of the Mach 3.  Also, I noticed that since using the fusion I have nicked myself several times.  This never happened with the Mach 3.  I'll probably go back to the Mach 3 if the rest of my fusion blades give me the same experience.

Every once in a while, you come across a bad blade that doesn't seem to have the normal lifespan.

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 07:05:58 AM »

Every once in a while, you come across a bad blade that doesn't seem to have the normal lifespan.

I thought of that.  I'll wait to see what the other blades are like.  I got a good deal on the razor and 4 blades, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have spent the extra money on the fusion.  Just have been disappoited with this first week with it.

jusbnme

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 01:06:30 PM »
I went ahead and gave in to the price of the Fusion.  I've been using that since giving up on the HB the last time.  I found that at my local CostCo, which is a whole sale store, they sell Fusion blades in bulk.  It's not as cheap as I could get off of Ebay but I'd rather pay a few extra bucks than take a chance on a scam. 

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 09:37:11 AM »

I thought of that.  I'll wait to see what the other blades are like.  I got a good deal on the razor and 4 blades, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have spent the extra money on the fusion.  Just have been disappoited with this first week with it.

slyinKC..... let me know how u r liking the power fusion and blades.  baldrob.... did a review between the regular fusion blades & the power fusion blades.  basically there was NO difference except that the power fusion blades were an extra $2 more.

although.... i get 4-5 good shaves (on my dome) on my regular fusion blades.  it still gets the best shave 4 both dome & face.  i have the regular fusion.  how do u like the power??? does it really make a difference????  so far.... i'm content w/ the regular fusion razor and blade..  what do u think???  oh... and lance this question goes 4 u 2 since u r using the fusion.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!