Author Topic: Ice Cubes after shaving  (Read 36416 times)

jusbnme

Ice Cubes after shaving
« on: June 24, 2007, 07:17:52 PM »
What's up my sly bros?  Just thought I'd share this new part of my routine with ya'll.  It was first mentioned, I believe, by one of our sly bros named "Straight razor."  I came across his old post about using ice cubes on the dome after shaving before applying an aftershave lotion/cream/etc...So a few days ago I gave it a try.  I took a cup of ice cubes into the bathroom with me before I got into the shower.  I did the usual shave rinsed off with a little cold water and then went to the sink.  I took an ice cube and rubbed it all over the dome until it melted away.  I then repeated this with a few more cubes until I felt the dome was irritation free.  Man!!!  let me tell you, it was the best feeling as I was rubbing the cubes across the dome.  You can actually feel your pores tightening up and I don't know about ya'll but after a hot shower I'm really heated up.  Talk about a nice cool down.  That method rocks.  I don't even use any post shave alcohol or ClearHead.  Nothing like that.  I had stopped using it previous to this routine anyway but what I'm saying is that the ice cubes get rid of pretty much all irritation so there is no need to use anything else which might dry the scalp up.  After I'm finished with the ice cubes I just apply a little HeadLube and I'm good to go.  Or just apply whatever aftershave product ya'll use.  Give it a shot.  It's awesome.  Thanks for the advice and info Straight razor.   O0

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
Re: Ice Cubes after shaving
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 08:35:04 PM »
I believe I'll try it.  I'd been thinking about filling the sink with ice and water, but this sounds easier.
 O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »
And what am I supposed to tell my boss when I show up late for work tomorrow morning?   :Xo!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 11:25:18 PM »
And what am I supposed to tell my boss when I show up late for work tomorrow morning?   :Xo!

Tell him, "Sorry for being late, I had to chill out for a bit before comin' in..."   :*))
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 04:48:47 AM »
Thanks Lance for the great tip.  Don't know how I missed StraightRazor's earlier advice but sound like a great solution especially with the hot days of summer here. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline fireman

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 10:42:09 AM »
thanks for the tip, I'm gonna have to give this a go.
Only a few perfect heads in the world....the rest have hair!

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 11:46:09 AM »
Good to hear it Lance, and it works so give it a try sly-brothers
To RazorX you have to wake up early ;D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 12:54:37 PM by Straight razor »
Nothing better than one sharp blade

jusbnme

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 12:57:47 PM »
Thanks again Straight razor and yeah RazorX...Just tell him you have to do what it takes to stay as sly as possible.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 03:58:35 PM »
man im going to have to try that!

It doesnt hurt the noggin after the first ice cube melts??

jusbnme

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 04:31:59 PM »
man im going to have to try that!

It doesnt hurt the noggin after the first ice cube melts??

Naw man.  As a matter of fact it makes it feel real good.  Depending on how sensitive you are I guess it could create a numbing effect or may even be almost too much to handle because of how cold it is.  But like I said, I'm so heated up after taking such a hot shower, which is where I shave, that the cubes feel good to me.  Give it a try.  I always start at the back of the dome around the neck line because that's where I get most of my irritation then I work my way up towards the front of my head. 

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 04:57:49 PM »
  :/ Ahoy, Lance. I'm going to try the ice, both because it sounds bracing and because I think it might reduce the bump [keloid] formed after my recent fall. Any observation, Medic? Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 05:44:22 PM »
Sheesh, I'm trying to take less time not more.

jusbnme

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 05:57:15 PM »
Sheesh, I'm trying to take less time not more.

RazorX also joked about it taking more time but it really doesn't take much more time at all.  I'm not talking about giving yourself an ice massage, making love to the cubes, or anything like that.  ;D  Just take 1 or 2 cubes and rub them around on your head for a few minutes.  I usually only use 2.  It might take me 1 or 2 minutes if that.  It probably takes just about the same amount of time that it would take you to run you head under cold water for a few minutes.  If I'm not in a rush I might use a few extra cubes because the more you use the better it feels and makes it that much cooler on the dome.  But just 1 or 2 will do the job. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 06:35:30 PM »
Thanks again Straight razor and yeah RazorX...Just tell him you have to do what it takes to stay as sly as possible.   ;D ;D ;D

I have already been told that I am too "high maintenance".  My boss doesn't understand the sly psyche at all.   :/O

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 09:34:51 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion!  I tried it today and man was that awesome!  Felt so refreshed afterwards and it did help the irritation.