Author Topic: WITCH HAZEL?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline frangi

• Sly Jr.
WITCH HAZEL?
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »
I keep hearing about this witch hazel, does it work?
should i be including it in my routine and how is it used?

Thanks

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: WITCH HAZEL?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »
Witch hazel is a mild, natural astringent that helps to heal the skin after shaving.  Many guys use it after a cold rinse and before a moisturizer.  If you are prone to bumps, nicks, etc., it's helpful.

Johnny_T

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 05:05:23 AM »
I use it and I think it's great. Some Witch Hazel has alcohol in it.  You can get Witch Hazel Cheap in the pharmacy, CVS etc and it works fine.  I prefer "Thayers" which is a bit more expensive. I buy mine at Vitamin Shoppe and it costs about $9.  But that bottle seems to be endless. It lasts me a long time.   I like Thayers because they have alcohol free and it also contains aloe.

Thayers has different scents also which I can't say I'm thrilled with. Rose...Lavender...  They do have lemon but I can never get it. But the scent doesn't last so I don't concern myself.  Some of their scents have alcohol and some don't . Actually I prefer unscented but I think it has alcohol.   I don't really mind alcohol and I am one of those "love the burn" guys.  But it tends to be drying and because I use a lot of aftershaves and the like I try to cut alcohol where ever I can in other areas. I use Witch Hazel to counter the alcohol.

Yes, Witch Hazel is good.  O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 06:33:59 AM »
Frangi, it's a nice alternative to traditional aftershave especially if someone has an allergy and/or cannot stand the sting of traditional aftershave with alcohol. Ice cubes are also a nice cheap alternative for the scalp especially.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.