Author Topic: Why not ask the sources !! Opinions on goin slick !  (Read 5091 times)

Offline Undercoverbrother

• Learning the way of Sly
Why not ask the sources !! Opinions on goin slick !
« on: May 06, 2013, 07:26:25 AM »
Welp here it goes... A 20 year old whos got the thin hair issue with both sides of the family having thin hair or no hair, it's pretty much inevitable... My brother is three years older than me and has a nice spot on the back of his head, mines gettin there but mainly really thin.. And I got a thick patch on the top front of my head, it's all I see when I loo in the mirror.. Been contemplating the sly look for a while but most of my friends (and recently ex girlfriend) voted against it... I've been growing a beard for a little over a week so I can have a little hair on me when it all comes off (probably today or tomorrow). Now my questions are; do you think my head shape would work well bald? I have a round head with a round face, and I'm very Italian.. Sicilian to be exact, my body hair is pretty dark and long... And all over lol, any sly guys here rock a fur vest with there clean heads?

Re: Why not ask the sources !! Opinions on goin slick !
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 07:33:12 AM »
Sorry thought I picked the picture too !

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:48:31 AM »
I think you would look fine shaved, from my experience, if you ask family "should i shave" most will say no, or why would you want to do that? you look fine, there is nothing wrong with your hair etc....it's usually their own lack of confidence, or the fact that they don't need to, or simply they aren't you...only you can make that decision...I am so glad I finally did it, now, nearly 3 months in to the sly look, it's like I have always been sly, my friends/family are used to it, and any new people i meet, just see "me" a lot of guys try buzzing it down to a 2 or 3 first, to get used to the look, then, if you want to shave, go for it, the feeling relief, of not having to worry about "going bald" is amazing...

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 09:34:36 AM »
Did your ex-gf let you "vote" on her choice of hair style? Does your family? I'm betting not. Why do you let them vote on yours?

What else are you going to let them vote on? What clothes you wear? What you're having for dinner? Who your friends are?

Seriously, you'll look fine in whatever hair style you choose. And it is your choice.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 09:50:54 AM »
I respect both posts... Thanks guys... This whole board makes me feel a lot better about taking te plunge... I am probably gonna commit tonight ! I'll post pics !

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 12:51:04 PM »
Welcome, UCB! If you have the urge, go for it! I think it will look great with glasses and face fur....and remember you can always grow it back if you (and only you) don't like it....Wise words of wisdom as always from the guys who posted in front of me BTW>
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 01:04:01 PM »
Good luck with whatever you decide to do. It's all about what YOU want after all.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »
Here's the End result.. Pretty happy, feelin so fresh n so clean

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 03:02:21 PM »
Looks great; the facial hair is a nice touch!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 03:24:58 PM »
Looking good, you definitely own the sly look.

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 03:31:57 PM »
=] I feel so accepted here... Like I found a secret society where we can all be bald and beautiful with middle fingers to the haters !

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Why not ask the sources !! Opinions on goin slick !
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 04:28:41 AM »
looks awesome dude! proper badass!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »
Well done.  Looks good - didn't take you long to bite the bullet.  What was the reaction from the doubters.
Roger

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 12:51:46 PM »
A lot of "wow looks better than I expected" and "it actually really fits you" one person even said it looks better on me than my hair did !

Offline Focus

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 01:34:25 AM »
A lot of "wow looks better than I expected" and "it actually really fits you" one person even said it looks better on me than my hair did !

I think this is a general comment. Before shaving, everyone is a bit anxious. Even the shaver himself. But when the job is done. Those who already know you just need a few hours to get used to the look.

I think too, that you look better with your shaven head than before. But I might be partial, I'm already a baldness fan.