Author Topic: Industrial piercing?  (Read 15412 times)

Offline Switch

• Sly Guy in Training
Industrial piercing?
« on: October 17, 2006, 04:19:59 PM »
I have been contimplating getting an industrial piercing (solid metal bar throuhg 2 holes in the ear) through my left ear. you think i should go for it?

-Switch "The Prodigy" Noblitt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Industrial piercing?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 04:48:49 PM »
If that's something that you will be proud to wear and will enjoy having, then go for it!  Though, won't you have to take that out for your MMA practices?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 07:57:42 AM »
If you are still into MMA you will not be able to fully heal something like that. Would normally take a good 2 months to heal properly, obviously messing with your training routine bro.
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 07:57:12 AM »
I was contemplating having a platinum rod--albeit hypoalergenic--surgically inserted into each of my pupils. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 09:48:21 AM »
I was contemplating having a platinum rod--albeit hypoalergenic--surgically inserted into each of my pupils. 

Is that so you can always keep a sparkle in your eye?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 03:02:54 PM »
Robmeister: seriously?? Why would you do that? I wouldn't want anybody to mes with my eyes if it was purely for decorative purposes. :/ (being a near-sighted mole myself makes me very aware of the importance of good eyes)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 04:30:38 PM »
Robmeister: seriously?? Why would you do that? I wouldn't want anybody to mes with my eyes if it was purely for decorative purposes. :/ (being a near-sighted mole myself makes me very aware of the importance of good eyes)

No, I wasn't serious....I'm not going to have them SURGICALLY inserted....I'm going to do it myself.  I figure if I just get really friggin drunk, it won't hurt as much.   Then what I have to do is drill little holes in all my eye glasses to slide them onto my nose......but then I'd be committed to only looking straight ahead.   Maybe I should make more of an elongated slot rather than just a hole.   I dunno.    8)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »

No, I wasn't serious....I'm not going to have them SURGICALLY inserted....I'm going to do it myself.  I figure if I just get really friggin drunk, it won't hurt as much.   Then what I have to do is drill little holes in all my eye glasses to slide them onto my nose......but then I'd be committed to only looking straight ahead.   Maybe I should make more of an elongated slot rather than just a hole.   I dunno.    8)

I'm beginning to think we have more than just one comedian on this site... :D

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 02:52:47 AM »
hey, you never know, I mean look up the definition of a "Prince Albert" and look nito genital bisection, frankly I think those people are insane but they still have done it.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 05:57:23 AM »
 >:( Don't do it, Switch! Not only will it impede your professional performance, but it will become an embarrassment by the time you reach your forties--if not sooner. Follow your heart, but take the long view and do nothing that will permanently disfigure your body. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

BaldRob

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 06:27:38 AM »
hey, you never know, I mean look up the definition of a "Prince Albert" and look nito genital bisection, frankly I think those people are insane but they still have done it.

Just plain wrong!!!   :o

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 10:42:49 AM »
Understandable there is some strange stuff out there.  You got to do what your heart tells you to do after you think it through, but some things are just a bit too much. 
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 01:17:17 PM »
...some things are just a bit too much. 

So maybe I _shouldn't_ get hammered and jab platinum rods into my eyes.  Well, ok...   ;)

Offline Moon

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Silence is Golden, Duct tape is silver.
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 09:17:43 PM »
I am all about personal expression, but come on.  Really.  I am not sure if you are serious or just yanking our chain.  But I believe Professor Mellon said it right.  Be cool and stay away from those kind of practices.  You do not know what tomorrow brings and you dont know what mindset you will have 5 years from now.  Find another way of expressing yourself, like Yetti's cool tat.  I have 23 differant tattoos and when I want to express myself I just dress so as everyone can see, almost in your face.  But there are times where it is not a good idea to show them too.  And the older I get the more I seem to feel that more true.  After saying that I have an appointment to get a half sleeve as soon as I come in form offshore.  Think long and hard about it and I am sure you will make a decision you can live with for many years. 
Peace Brother.  Hope all works out.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 06:41:43 AM »
I am not sure if you are serious or just yanking our chain.

Of COURSE I'm yanking your chain.  :D  I tried to be as over-the-top absurd as I could.  When SBG asked if I was really serious about the surgical procedure....I thought I better take it up a notch.  But I guess with the ridiculous things people do these days I should have said something like...oh...I dunno....I was going to hack off my left hand with my buddy's machete and surgically replace it with a giant solid gold #1 finger that says, "Go Broncos!!"  ;)

I'm beginning to think we have more than just one comedian on this site... :D

Tyler caught on to my ploy early on.

Professor is not afraid to give heartfelt advice....maybe the asininity of my goal didn't even dignify a response.  :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 10:10:43 AM by Robmeister »