Author Topic: Industrial piercing?  (Read 15411 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Industrial piercing?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 06:45:38 AM »
Think long and hard about it and I am sure you will make a decision you can live with for many years. 
Peace Brother.  Hope all works out.

That's being very kind and open minded.   I would have probably said, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN' MIND, MAN?!?!?!?"  ;)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 12:20:11 PM »
See what you started, Rob  ;).  Now we have the chance of some of our members getting smashed and gabbing rods in their eyes.   ;D :o
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 08:31:32 AM »
This would not qualify as INDUSTRIAL piercing....but I do have pierced ears--both right and left--left over from the music business days.

<----------------For this middle-aged, family/businessman one tatt and two pierced ears is WILD.

Offline PhlintRock

• I am the PhlintRock
  • Learning the way of Sly
    • PhlintRocks World!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 09:06:27 AM »
Well for what it is worth coming from a "corporate chameleon" you should not do anything you cant remove or cover with no or little traces.  My arms are covered in Tats, more than just whats in my avatar, and my ears are pierced with guaged earrings.  However when I put on a corp uniform you cannot tell.  The worst is that I have to wear a sleeved undershirt to hide the color under a white shirt. 

But if you can remove it without it looking like you are deformed why not? 

Expression should be personal, not so you can be individual, just like everyone else!
"You must be forged on the fires of adversity to truly be a man!"

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 11:53:15 AM »
I hear ya PhlintRock!  Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »
Good philosophy PhlintRock, Welcome to SBG!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 12:11:05 PM »
I agree with the others...nice philospohy,Plntrock...i think a lot of younger guys, just going for it will come to find the real world might not be so accepting of their personal choices of neck/hand or showing area tattoos....

Welcome dude!

Bald_freak

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 02:48:37 PM »
>:( Don't do it, Switch! Not only will it impede your professional performance, but it will become an embarrassment by the time you reach your forties--if not sooner. Follow your heart, but take the long view and do nothing that will permanently disfigure your body. Professor Melon

I'll have to disagree with yoda here. A piercing is no biggie, Tats are. try it if you don't like it, or if it causes problems, then take it out and let it close. worst case scenario, your left with a couple small bumps, on your ears. Piercings are only a disfigurement while they're in. The professor probably got a fairy tattoo on his butt when he twenty. and now it looks like a wrinkled lawn gnome.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 05:49:52 PM »
>:( Don't do it, Switch! Not only will it impede your professional performance, but it will become an embarrassment by the time you reach your forties--if not sooner. Follow your heart, but take the long view and do nothing that will permanently disfigure your body. Professor Melon

I'll have to disagree with yoda here. A piercing is no biggie, Tats are. try it if you don't like it, or if it causes problems, then take it out and let it close. worst case scenario, your left with a couple small bumps, on your ears. Piercings are only a disfigurement while they're in. The professor probably got a fairy tattoo on his butt when he twenty. and now it looks like a wrinkled lawn gnome.

Good one! I'm with yah brother, with my 00g lobes out you can hardly tell that I had them stretched at all. Professionally pierced holes typically heal/disfigure less than the "gun" piercings. Which btw everyone, CANNOT BE STERILIZED. Think about that one.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 05:58:26 PM »
told my wife i was gonna peirce my ears and she got pissed off. woman is crazy.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 06:05:04 PM »
Bald_freak. I just got a mental image of a wrinkly lawn gnome butt tattoo and needless to say, it wasnt pretty at all.

I have had a dozen or so piercings in my lifetime and I dont regret any of them. All have been removed except my 5/8" ear tunels.

If you are offended by them or think they are ugly or unneccessary,well...You know where to put it.

Bald_freak

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 02:50:08 PM »
Bald_freak. I just got a mental image of a wrinkly lawn gnome butt tattoo and needless to say, it wasnt pretty at all.

:*)) :*)) :*)) your welcome JDog

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 06:02:50 PM »
told my wife i was gonna peirce my ears and she got pissed off. woman is crazy.

Well I think the high heels might have been going too far har har har :*))

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »
she just laughed at the heels. but the ears were different. go figure. ha ha ha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Enter your email address: