Author Topic: New Guy (Yet to be Sly)  (Read 10061 times)

Offline outsider82

• Sly
New Guy (Yet to be Sly)
« on: June 18, 2007, 05:02:58 AM »
Hey guys, I am new here. I'm from Sydney Australia, so G'Day from OZ.

I have been playing with the idea of going sly. i'm 25 and I noticed a year ago my hair was thin on the sides and MPB runs in the family. I know it doesn't look it from the picture in my Avatar.

I will update this post with a picture of my head buzzed at a number 2 when I get home.

Nice site by the way :) Everyone sounds quite supportive of each other.

I've always wanted to try the sly look, but for fear of peoples reaction to the sudden change in hairstyle i've been reluctant. Do you have any tips on getting over the fear of how people might react?

Have a good one,

Out
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 05:40:58 AM by outsider82 »

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: New Guy (Yet to be Sly)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 05:07:21 AM »
Welcome Out .... There's a wealth of info here when you decice to go sly. You may want to think about a 1 rather than a 2.  You can start getting some sun AND it will give you  a better idea of how you will look sly.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 06:10:34 AM »
Welcome, outsider, we're glad that you've joined us.  The best way to get comforable with the idea for me was reading everyone's experiences.  Then you realize that everyone has the same fears, but that they usually turn out to be way overblown.  That was the case for me and just about everyone else on this site.  I've yet to hear from someone that was devastated by the reactions that they got.  Usually it was quite the opposite.

I'll look forward to hearing more from you. O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 07:09:47 AM »
Welcome outsider, pruitt and slyinKC pretty much covered everything. Post any other questions you have and we'll be glad to answer them.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 07:55:09 AM »
Hi Outsider82 & welcome,

Don't worry!  It would definitely suit you - I'm sure you'd get a positive reaction.  O0
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 08:07:52 AM »
Welcome outsider82!   O:O

Aw c'mon mate... go all the way!   O0 

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

BALDANDRE

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 08:46:01 AM »
Hey Mate! Welcome...I think the shaved head will look fine on you.....sounds like it something you really want to try...go for it!

I've been to Oz about 5 times (both coasts, my sister lived in Perth, now Sharks Bay)...I've seen plenty of dudes that are slick bald and no one gives a notice in a negative way...people we're yelling "Agassi" to me constantly, kind of funny, but I got it a lot down there...

Go for it bro, like we say all the time, once you have the idea in your head, you wont be satisfied till you're slick and SLY!

Good luck dude!

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 09:02:25 AM »
As promised, here is the picture of my #2, sorry for the size of the pic, i dont have any image resizing programs on my pc.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 09:08:48 AM »
Definately go for the totally shaved head bro! I think the buzzed cut you just showed actually makes your head shape look a little off (especially on top)...going slick and even will follow the contour of your head and look real clean...and SLY

Don't worry about it, go for the slick look brutha! O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 09:17:39 AM »
Welcome there outsider.  Front your pics when you decide to do it, you are going to wear the sly look well!
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 09:19:39 AM »
Thats actually how my hair grows, i have a "normal" shaped head, just the sides don't grow much which makes it look odd.

My barber last cut my hair in a way that makes it look alright, but to be honest i don't really like the look at the moment. I've let my hair grow out slightly since that photo. My dad has the sly head going, he has that nasty Island MPB going on.

Out

Offline RichardN.

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 09:20:40 AM »
Welcome Outsider.  I think that you should go for it!!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 09:21:33 AM »
Yup, I say do it also. You can pull it off quite well.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 09:22:11 AM »
Thats actually how my hair grows, i have a "normal" shaped head, just the sides don't grow much which makes it look odd.

Then brother, you've got your answer...going slick and sly will totally take care of that problem! O0

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 11:11:11 AM »
Welcome to the forum....oh and shave it off  O0
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Enter your email address: