Author Topic: New Guy (Yet to be Sly)  (Read 10062 times)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: New Guy (Yet to be Sly)
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 11:15:02 AM »
Shave it ... Shave it ... Shave it ...
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 11:17:30 AM »
I think you're outnumbered.  Better shave it. 8)
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

KALBO

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 03:05:55 PM »
Welcome to SBGs! 8) Yeah, what everyone else said...JUST DO IT!  You won't regret it! O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 05:29:27 PM »
1st of all welcome 2 the forum.  GREAT, GREAT advice here from my sly brahs,  what more do u want 2 hear?!?!  hey....mate.... just  go all the way and shave it!  i guarantee that u will not like it but LUV IT!!! 100% guaranteed .  once u shave it off.... u will keep it off.  i'm one of the many that r living proof. 

anyways.... looking 4ward 2 seeing your next sly photo.  again,  welcome 2 the forum.  as u already know.... this is a great site.  ENJOY>>mate!!!

keep it SLY,

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 07:30:42 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SHAVE IT!!!

Bet you didn't see that one coming.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 07:37:37 PM »
Hey Mate! Welcome...I think the shaved head will look fine on you.....sounds like it something you really want to try...go for it!

Go for it bro, like we say all the time, once you have the idea in your head, you wont be satisfied till you're slick and SLY!

Good luck dude!

I agree.  I know it may seem sometimes that our standard auto-reply to newcomers is "shave it", but if you really stop and think about it, if you've come as far as to join a site like this and put the question out there, then it's something that you must want to do.  And if you want to do it (or even just think you do) you owe it to yourself to try.  It only takes a week to get back to a #1 from a full shave, so it's a pretty risk-free venture.

Give it a shot; you'll never regret it.  Even in the extremely unlikely event that you don't like the result, there is a certain amount of satisfaction in knowing that you had the courage to try it. 

Welcome to the group and good luck.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 09:07:52 PM »
O82, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Look like you got the answer that you're looking for.  8)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 12:18:59 AM »
Welcome to SBG, Out! Good to have another Aussie here! O0

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 02:37:36 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the reply, i'm thinking i will ease into it gradually. Start with a #2 then #1, no guard and then sly. When it comes to my looks i tend to be too mindfull of what other people think.  Currently its winter here in Australia so it might take a while for the colour to develop of my dome :)

A poll of the group, who eased into the sly look? and who did it over night?

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 02:49:07 AM »
Hi Out, welcome to the forum  :)
I echo the rest of the guys sentiments when I say "SHAVE IT!"
aint' nuthin sexier than a sleek, sly, smooth dome  ;)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 04:49:54 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the reply, i'm thinking i will ease into it gradually. Start with a #2 then #1, no guard and then sly. When it comes to my looks i tend to be too mindfull of what other people think.  Currently its winter here in Australia so it might take a while for the colour to develop of my dome :)

A poll of the group, who eased into the sly look? and who did it over night?

After I made the decision to "ease" into it, it took only about 2 weeks.  If the idea gets in your head, you gotta do it.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

KC

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 05:03:01 AM »
Hey Out,

I just shaved my noggin for the first time yesterday morning and it is not bad.  My barber has been clipper shaving me for a while so I essentially look bald for half the week and it grows out into an extreme buzz by the weekend. 

I just joined myself and decided to take the plunge. It's a clean look and a good feel.  Welcome to the next great style and welcome.

Ken

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 07:18:51 AM »
I jumped right in with both feet and took it all off.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline RC The Uncola

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 08:05:12 AM »
I've been styling my hair forward.  holding on while i can.  still pysching myself up for the shave.  But the sly-brothas are correct it is the best look once hair has gotten to thin or receded.  hopefully when you shave you'll be as positive as this group on SBG.

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 08:07:45 AM »
Hey Out,

I just shaved my noggin for the first time yesterday morning and it is not bad.  My barber has been clipper shaving me for a while so I essentially look bald for half the week and it grows out into an extreme buzz by the weekend. 

I just joined myself and decided to take the plunge. It's a clean look and a good feel.  Welcome to the next great style and welcome.

Ken

Ken,

How long have you been buzzing your hair for?

This saturday i am going to buzz mine at number 1 or 2 i will decide on the day. I've let my hair grow a little lately, but am sick of it.

The first time i went to work with a number 2 i remember my boss saying "Did you just join the Marines?" I know he was saying it in jest. I got a few more like that that day.

I am blabbing now so i will say good night as it is midnight here and i need to go to bed.