Author Topic: So um.... I have hair  (Read 7477 times)

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
So um.... I have hair
« on: June 15, 2007, 05:02:31 AM »
At the risk of losing my SLY standing with you good folks, I am going to admit that while I was staying in the van for 5 weeks, I let my hair grow. I stopped shaving my head because I was doing a fair share of "G.I." sink bathing and just simply didn't put razor to scalp. Since I have gotten a job and now a place to live I still haven't shaved it. 

My hair is now more than fuzz, though not really present enough to need combing at all. I'm not sure what I wanna do here. I love shaving my head, but I don't have MPB or a receding anything , so I don't NEED to shave it.

My haircut is not my identity and me choosing to have hair again for a while is much the same as me choosing not to have hair for a while.

But I find myself nervous about losing my place here on the boards if I choose to let myself have hair again. How big a hypocrite does it make a guy to be on a forum centered around head shaving, if he doesn't shave his head?

I think it may be a bit of an experiment, after over a year of constant shaving, what is it like to have hair again? Will I get more/less attention from ladies (something very much on my mind these days)? I dunno, but for whatever reason, I have hair again.

I dunno how long I'll keep my hair this time, as it's summer and already it's beginning to bug me, but this is whats on my mind right now, so I thought I'd post to the bros and see what comes of it.

~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: So um.... I have hair
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 05:22:23 AM »
no worries mate!(in my best austrailian accent) enjoy it ,if i had hair i'd prob regrow it also every now and then lol
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 06:14:39 AM »
Don't worry Vash,

you can be an honory baldie for a while until the bug to shave bites you again - & if you hang out on here for a while I am sure you won't have hair for too long.

All the best.

PS: I said this in another thread yesterday but you probably didn't see it - great sounds on your MySpace page. Loved Star Of The County Down & ... well actually I liked them all!  O0
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline RustyRuss

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald Start / Bald Finish
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 06:21:18 AM »
I too allow growth, where it will, on occassion.  But being that I essentially only have the horseshoe look around the sides and back I don't let it go more than a week or so as it does become more difficult and time consuming to buzz/shave.  Good Luck with new job.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 06:32:31 AM »
  ???Dear Vash. I'm with Shyslyguy on this one. You'll always have a place here at SBGs, and we can at least hope you'll re-adopt the look at some future date. All best, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 06:37:33 AM »
you are banned ^u!ez B@N!    nah just kidding. glad to hear things are going better for you brother. check in more often if you can.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 06:44:03 AM »
Need to stick around Vash...we need your individuality.  You said it youself in the Manifesto.."Accept me, respect me..."   Well, this sly guy does.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 06:55:54 AM »
I echo what the other bros have said Vash, if that is the way you like you.......then so be it.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 07:28:50 AM »
Being sly is an attitude that you clearly have. Consider yourself an Undercover SBG .... literally.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 09:49:39 AM »
Vash,

You only need go back and read your post of affirmations, this is what it's all about and you captured it perfectly.

Many of us could be called hypocrites since we have not shaved yet. But that is not what this site is about.
If there's anything I've learned in the short time I have been on, it's how each individual feels and how they struggle with the decisions they have to make. Whether they are bbc or mpb, it is still a tough thing to go it alone.
I know it is for me, but listening to you guys (and gals) post, it shows me there is more out there,and you're not the only one struggling with it.
So you have hair. It's funny the contrast: I who am right on the brink of shaving it all, and you who is feeling guilt,hypocrisy etc. for having his hair grow back a bit.
When you get right down to it, does it really matter?

Like all the other guys have said , you are part of this -no mattter.
I echo them and stand behind you.

NY

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 09:52:07 AM »
damn newyawka. that was touching.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 09:59:47 AM »
Thanks PB,

Maybe I could get a job with Hallmark. Do they have section yet for balding men? Seems there are cards for everything else, huh?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 02:53:41 PM »
Thanks PB,

Maybe I could get a job with Hallmark. Do they have section yet for balding men? Seems there are cards for everything else, huh?

Maybe not with Hallmark, but there's always Bald Guy Greetings (http://www.baldguygreetings.com/)... ;D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 02:56:19 PM »
Vash, you will always be Sly to the core!  I think you have to do what's going to give you the most confidence in yourself, especially in this transition in your life.  Stick around regardless what you do with your hair as you have enough head shaving experience that you can always talk to specific points.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 07:47:41 PM »
The nice thing about being BBC is that you have options.  There's no law saying you have to be sly all the time.   I'm guessing that it won't be too long before you're back in the fold.  But in the meantime, enjoy the fur.

Enter your email address: