Author Topic: Say there is a cure, what do you do?  (Read 19540 times)

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
Re: Say there is a cure, what do you do?
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2011, 09:35:29 AM »
I started shaving my head in 1983 and I had a full head of hair. For me, completely bald is only way to go.

Offline philp

• Sly
    • Young Hair Loss
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »
yep_yep:

the definition of disease is adaptable, but I tend to think that it involves physical health. You might consider MPB abnormal (it's not really when you consider how many men lose hair at some point in their life), but it does not negatively affect your physical health. Is graying hair a disease? No. It's a result of genetics and age. Same goes for baldness.

What's more important here, however, is not whether baldness is technically a disease or not; it is how you feel about it. You're highly critical of yourself and there is no reason. You are a perfectly attractive dude, but it's not going to show (hair or no hair) if you are constantly down on yourself. Tyler mentioned the 30 days and I think it's a good idea as well. Committing to a set time frame might actually help you forget about head shape and whatever else you are concerned about.

Offline Titus13

• Bald guy in New York
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »
I love being sly hair is overated
GI

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2011, 01:26:15 AM »
yep_yep:

the definition of disease is adaptable, but I tend to think that it involves physical health. You might consider MPB abnormal (it's not really when you consider how many men lose hair at some point in their life), but it does not negatively affect your physical health. Is graying hair a disease? No. It's a result of genetics and age. Same goes for baldness.

What's more important here, however, is not whether baldness is technically a disease or not; it is how you feel about it. You're highly critical of yourself and there is no reason. You are a perfectly attractive dude, but it's not going to show (hair or no hair) if you are constantly down on yourself. Tyler mentioned the 30 days and I think it's a good idea as well. Committing to a set time frame might actually help you forget about head shape and whatever else you are concerned about.

I have been keeping my hair very short since March when my skin problems really erupted. Still haven't gotten used to it. I'm doing #0 with clippers like every week... I have a huge dandruff and dry scalp issue so I wouldn't even consider bic'ing. I don't like the bic'ed look anyhow, so... it's not the problem here.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2011, 03:05:02 AM »
Nope, no hair, not for me, not ever. If I COULD I'd permanently remove the hair I DO have to shave. I'm realistic and happy about my situation, my looks and my life.  ^-^
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »
No way! Have been shaving bald by choice since may 1995, love being bald.
But if they will find a cure for head hair I would definitely buy that!  ;)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2011, 07:02:19 PM »

I have been keeping my hair very short since March when my skin problems really erupted. Still haven't gotten used to it. I'm doing #0 with clippers like every week... I have a huge dandruff and dry scalp issue so I wouldn't even consider bic'ing.

Did you miss all the posts from guys who had the exact same problem and solved it by razor-shaving? If you're buzzing to #0 anyway, razor shaving doesn't look that much different and might well be worth it if it brings you some relief.  Just sayin' .... 

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 12:36:36 AM »

I have been keeping my hair very short since March when my skin problems really erupted. Still haven't gotten used to it. I'm doing #0 with clippers like every week... I have a huge dandruff and dry scalp issue so I wouldn't even consider bic'ing.

Did you miss all the posts from guys who had the exact same problem and solved it by razor-shaving? If you're buzzing to #0 anyway, razor shaving doesn't look that much different and might well be worth it if it brings you some relief.  Just sayin' .... 

I don't see how razor shaving would cure my dry scalp and dandruff. It's a hormonal problem, lately my skin's been acting elsewhere too. And I don't really know if the dandruff problems just began, but this dry skin is all new to me.

Offline philp

• Sly
    • Young Hair Loss
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 06:09:48 AM »
For a lot of people razor shaving clears up those issues because it is an immediate form of exfoliation. Have you tried going to a dermatologist?

Offline kevin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2011, 08:25:18 AM »
I'd take the cure (if I could afford it of cost). I'm not taking any potions or anything, but I would most certainly love to have hair back.

Offline TxTa2Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald By Choice since August 24, 2009
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 11:49:37 AM »
Nope, no hair, not for me, not ever. If I COULD I'd permanently remove the hair I DO have to shave. I'm realistic and happy about my situation, my looks and my life.  ^-^

No way! Have been shaving bald by choice since may 1995, love being bald.
But if they will find a cure for head hair I would definitely buy that!  ;)

I'm with Vash and Zetaeffe!

I've been shaving a fully hairy scalp for almost two years now and NOT shaving a hairy face for almost fifteen years.  Some friends had been saying I was nuts for shaving the wrong part of my head, i.e. NORMAL men shave their face and let the scalp hair grow!

Well I never have been very NORMAL.  I grew my beard because my face hated being shaved.  But after I had been shaving my scalp for awhile, I let it grow back for about a month but couldn't stand it any more. But when I tired of my friends complaining, I decided to try shaving everything above the shoulders.  And my face still hates being shaved and I didn't like the look.  So I grew my beard back and plan to die bald headed and hairy faced!

I would love to take any cure to rid my scalp of hair.  I would do the laser thing except for the fact that it would screw up my tattoo.  I have actually talked to a person about electrolysis to get rid of the scalp hair, but she said it would take forever.

Anyhow, for me its Tattooed, Bearded, and Bald By Choice for Life!  I think it is a good look for me.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2011, 08:08:47 AM »
If there were a ez, no side effect  cure to baldness I would absolutely take it.  Being sly is cool but I would like to have the OPTION.
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Enter your email address: