Author Topic: Say there is a cure, what do you do?  (Read 19538 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: Say there is a cure, what do you do?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 03:08:47 PM »
^ Baldness actually is a disease, a skin disease. It's just like 100 times worse than having acne or something.

You are totally ridiculous, do you know that??! :/O

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 12:16:54 PM »
Ummm, no. Please show us reputable medical literature that characterizes baldness as a "skin disease".

Well, maybe most ppl don't want to view it as one but think about it: the hair follicles that are on your skin suddenly start to reject the growth of hair. Why is e.g. alopecia totalis regarded as a skin disease but regular baldness not? I think they both are exactly that.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:19:56 PM by yep_yep »

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »
And some people think that the world is flat. Just because you think something, doesn't make it true.

Do you also view wrinkles as a "skin disease"? Just something else that happens as we age. Or is aging also a "skin disease"?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 03:24:08 PM »
[ Why is e.g. alopecia totalis regarded as a skin disease but regular baldness not? I think they both are exactly that.
NOT--one, alopecia totalis is an autoimmune disorder, mpb is a genetic trait.  Please, if you're going to wallow in self deprecation--don't try to think your mpb means you're sick--it's your family genetics.  Nothing more. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 04:47:32 AM »
^ Baldness actually is a disease, a skin disease. It's just like 100 times worse than having acne or something.

You'd prefer to have your face covered with acne scars?   :/O

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 06:35:34 AM »
There are a great many things to worry about that actually have consequences with bearing on your life. Choosing to become compulsively obsessed with disappearing hair isn't even a speed bump in the rankings of what matters in life. I shaved my head 15 years ago and, just recently, I realized I have no clue as to how bald I might be, how gray I might be or whether I've still got hair at all. (Well, the "stubble test" test answers the last question.) I'm concerned that my best friend has testicular cancer and is resistant to the idea of becoming a eunuch at age 50. That's something to worry about. If you're a truly proficient worrier, take some of the burden from your friends and family; worry for them and let them do other things.

And as has been mentioned just above me "Do you want acne scars on your face?" and " It's probably genetic, blame your father, grandfather etc.".

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 12:47:46 PM »

You'd prefer to have your face covered with acne scars?   :/O

Hmm, let me think: would I choose to have a few acne scars or totally bald head looking like an alien/chemo patient with my ultra pale skin and ridiculous head shape? Give me acne scars any day.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:52:39 PM by yep_yep »

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 01:52:06 PM »
Baldness?

As if had any physiological negatives. 

Psychological, another matter, of course.  But...

There are dozens, hundreds, of things that are more important than how much or little there is up top.

I suggest you move on, and recall Alexander Pope's lines:

"The Muse but serv'd to ease some friend, not wife,
To help me through this long disease, my life,
To second, Arbuthnot! thy art and care,
And teach the being you preserv'd, to bear."

Now WHAT the hell was that all about?

It's that life is nothing but problems, and that you should look for what comforts, not what distresses.  Balding?  Meh!  Cancer?  OK, obsess.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 03:26:48 PM »

You'd prefer to have your face covered with acne scars?   :/O

Hmm, let me think: would I choose to have a few acne scars or totally bald head looking like an alien/chemo patient with my ultra pale skin and ridiculous head shape? Give me acne scars any day.

Why do I get the feeling that if you got your wish, you'd be bitching about the acne scars? 

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2011, 06:38:30 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that if you got your wish, you'd be bitching about the acne scars? 

Why do I get the feeling that I've heard this one before? I actually have severe skin problems aswell but I don't care much about them.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2011, 10:55:41 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that I've heard this one before? I actually have severe skin problems aswell but I don't care much about them.

Yep_yep, in the few years you've been on this board, have you tried shaving for 30 days straight? 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »

Yep_yep, in the few years you've been on this board, have you tried shaving for 30 days straight? 

The only thing he's tried is complaining for 5 years straight.

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »

What the hell? I didn't even write a single post on this board for like 3 out of those 5 years.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »

What the hell? I didn't even write a single post on this board for like 3 out of those 5 years.

And what percentage of those comments would you say have been positive in nature?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2011, 02:57:53 PM »
Wallow, wallow, wallow--it's your one consistent act!

Enter your email address: