Author Topic: Headblade vs. Headblade Sport  (Read 7082 times)

Offline BigJeffrey

• Sly Jr.
Headblade vs. Headblade Sport
« on: June 02, 2007, 07:49:03 PM »
Just curious if anyone else has used both models.  I just got my headblade sport the other day and I am not seeing much difference.  The sport is a tad smoother going across the head but the quality of shave seems to be exactly the same.  Thoughts or comments?

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: Headblade vs. Headblade Sport
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 08:32:12 PM »
Maybe you're just really good with the original.  I had the original and then the S4.  It just seemed to me that I was less error prone with the wheels.  I always know that I'm making proper contact and am less likely to do a nose dive and bleed.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 09:36:15 PM »
That's a great question.  I've only used the sport, so I can't comment on the differences.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 11:28:38 PM »
I have both and with the Sport you can add a little downward pressure and get a much closer shave!  Plus, for me, the blades give me 2 or 3 more shaves!  Now I can't bring myself to go back and use up my old double blades!   ;D

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline BigJeffrey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 11:57:57 PM »
I used the triple blad that came with the Headblade Sport but didnt' really notice a big difference between it and the double blade Atras that I've been using.  I did notice that the triple blade was MUCH more difficult to clean out.  The stubble and Headslick got in between the blades and wouldnt' come out.  I am, however, looking forward to trying out the Sensor blades since the Headblade Sport came with a Sensor adaptor.  Maybe I am just used to my original Headblade since I've been using it for years (got mine when you actually had color choices...lol).

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 07:13:06 AM »
I've only used the Classic myself.  However, I did switch to the triple blades and I feel like I get a better shave with them.  Maybe its my imagination though.  I haven't tried the doubles in a couple of months now so the comparison in my head is stale.

BaldRob

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 07:56:43 AM »
It's been so long since I've used my classic... but I think I remember the biggest difference is the Sport is a touch more comfortable than the classic.

Still using the Atra Plus blades with the Sport!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 08:00:05 AM »
Because I have had so much success with the HB Classic, I've found no need to get the Sport model.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

jusbnme

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 08:08:40 AM »
Just curious if anyone else has used both models.  I just got my headblade sport the other day and I am not seeing much difference.  The sport is a tad smoother going across the head but the quality of shave seems to be exactly the same.  Thoughts or comments?

I've used both but since have stopped using the HB all together and have switched to the Schick Extreme.  But when I did use it I actually found that I got a smoother shave with the old school classic.  Might just be me but it seemed that it just sat on my dome firmer or something like that.  I don't now what it was exactly but it just worked better for me than the sport. 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 11:08:55 PM »
I picked up a Classic at Walgreen's today, I was surprised to see they had some in stock.
It will be interesting to see if it works as good or better than the Sport.
It doesn't seem like it will glide as well as the sport. I'm sure the wheels make all the difference.
I will let you know how it goes.

jusbnme

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 08:53:49 AM »
Since I have, once again, went back to the old HB I've been using the sport.  I do have to finally agree with the hardcore bladers here that the wheels do help the blade glide across the dome easier. 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 08:57:33 AM »
Since I have, once again, went back to the old HB I've been using the sport.  I do have to finally agree with the hardcore bladers here that the wheels do help the blade glide across the dome easier. 

Very interesting eh...I've got the classic and use it everyday and cant imagine getting  a closer smoother shave then I do now...Hopefully the HB Sport Clear that I will win in 6 weeks will show me the difference ? :*)) :*))

jusbnme

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 08:59:56 AM »

Very interesting eh...I've got the classic and use it everyday and cant imagine getting  a closer smoother shave then I do now...Hopefully the HB Sport Clear that I will win in 6 weeks will show me the difference ? :*)) :*))

Good luck on that bro. 

I do agree with you on the closeness of the classic.  I mention at the beginning of this thread how I believe it gives me a closer and smoother shave.  But I have noticed lately that the classic tends to drag a little if the shave cream starts to dry out.  But if you are having no problem with the classic I wouldn't change up at all.

KALBO

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »
That's a great question.  I've only used the sport, so I can't comment on the differences.
Same here.  Love my Sport! O0

X The Hierophant

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 02:26:59 PM »
I've always used the sport and it works so well I never considered giving the classic a go.  As for blades, doubles work much better on me than the triples.  O0