Author Topic: Headblade vs. Headblade Sport  (Read 7081 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Headblade vs. Headblade Sport
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 03:10:10 PM »
what the hell is a classic, sport, s4, or any of those other things you ladies were talking about?  j/k   classic seems to get a little closer for me. not sure why.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 04:16:46 PM »
Ok guys, I used my new HB classic today and I'm happy to say it works just as well as the Sport, shavewise.

The only real differences to me are the wheels, of course, as we all alluded to. They do make your glide smoother, but I found the (rear) pad on the classic makes you feel a bit more connected.
You do have to make sure you keep lubed as it will drag more.
The only other difference for me is I really like the grips on the classic much better, they give you a more controlled feel in my opinion. The unit itself works as well as the sport.

Blades are another story. The double that came with it had a tendency to really gunk up, and you had to be sure to rinse more often. I found it to drag the headslick along after a couple of strokes and not cut at all. This is not a big deal, since it is compatible with the Atra cartridges too.
I am going to try it with the triples for comparison.

Overall, I am glad I picked it up.
Now all I need is the Clear HB for a triple pronged arsenal!    ;)

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 09:36:06 PM »
I renaimed my HB sport the "SS" (Super Sport)cuz I enjoy doing doughnuts around the dome and the occasional burnout or two ! O0 :*))

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 11:50:19 PM »
I have the stainless steel S4; it has wheels like the Sport which I've never tried.  But one thing I noticed going from the original HB to one with wheels is that I would occasionally life up the back end of the original and dig into my scalp if I wasn't paying attention.  With the wheels, I don't have that issue.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline iBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 01:19:59 PM »
I have both and use both. I use the sport for the front and the classic for the back. I find the classic/atra combo to work better and get closer on the back of my dome while I like the speed of the sport/hb triple combo. I think it is the feel of being connected is why I use the classic on the back.

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 03:06:11 PM »
I also use the sport and it works well.  As for blades, doubles work much better on me than the triples.

J

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 04:23:59 PM »
I have been switching off with both. I am currently using the Sport with a triple,
and I have the Atra plus set up on the Classic.
I agree with ibald on the feeling of connectedness with the Classic, and I mentioned that in an earlier post.
As Stew mentioned, I would also tend to lift the wheels on the Sport when I first started using it.
Once you get used to it ,you won't have that problem anymore.  I enjoy using both and will continue to switch them up. Each one works well and does the job as intended.   O0

shakf

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 11:33:46 PM »
Used the Sport properly first time yesterday. Can't comment on the classic.