Author Topic: Possibly the only Indian Bald guy here, I need suggestions guys.  (Read 22152 times)

Offline Anil_Sharma

• Sly Jr.
Re: Possibly the only Indian Bald guy here, I need suggestions guys.
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 03:29:58 PM »
Sure will, what do you think of using baby oil before sleep as an overnight moisturizer?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 03:39:34 PM »
Sure will, what do you think of using baby oil before sleep as an overnight moisturizer?
I would not do it before you sleep.  It will leave a mess on your pillows.  Also... applying an after shave moisturizer after you shave or after you wash your face/dome is good enough.  The baby oil tends to clog your pores.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Anil_Sharma

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 03:43:54 PM »
Well that kinda blows lol, the oil was 10$ a bottle. Anyway, I got this safety razor which has a disposable blade(old school), you are talking about that kinda razor right? Kinda hard to control though, I will stick to Mach3(yeah thats the name, the brands are still the same its just that I forgot 'em). I will take a few pictures and post them here ASAP.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Re: Possibly the only Indian Bald guy here, I need suggestions guys.
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »
Yep....here is a pic of some of my safety razors.  From left to right is my Edwin Jagger 89L,  Weber ARC, & Mekur 37C   

below is a pic of a DE (double edged) razor blade

This is what I shaved with yesterday.

WARHAWK
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 08:07:47 PM »
Welcome to the bald brotherhood Anil. Thera are some Indian brothers here but has been inactive lately. One suggestion I could offer aside from recommending the mach3 is to apply hair conditioner on your wet scalp before shaving. Stretch the part you want to pass the razor for you to get a closer and smoother shave. Feel the rough areas and run the razor against the grain but do not apply too much pressure. Finish off with an ice cube rub all over your freshly shaven scalp. Hope this helps. Post a pic when you can.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Anil_Sharma

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 10:45:46 PM »
@Kalbo

Thanks for welcoming me, much appreciated. I will follow your suggestion when I shave today :) Also, you mentioned just hair conditioner, does that mean that I am supposed to avoid shaving gel?

Offline Anil_Sharma

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 10:50:37 PM »
@Warhammer

I do have one of those kind, but I am afraid my razor is plastic. I however have the same set of blades though; Gillete :)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 02:37:11 AM »
G'day Anil, welcome to the family. You just apply the conditioner to your head like you would do if you had hair, as a pre-shave thing, take my routine for example:

exfoliate with apricot face scrub(every other day, no more then 3 times a week), rinse, apply conditioner, let it sit for a couple of minutes, rinse, apply your gel/soap/cream of choice, shave, then cold water rinse, and finally apply either headlube or aloe moisturiser if I have a bit of irritaiton.

Initially you will probably want to shave with the grain because that will cause less irritation, but against the grain will give you the smoothest results.

Hope that helps you mate.

Offline Anil_Sharma

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 04:34:41 AM »
Well, that is really simple :) However, I should rinse with warm or hot water right? For the pores to open up.

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 06:57:44 AM »
You can make shaving as complex or simple as you wish.  Some people prefer the results we pre-shave lotions and after-shave moisturisers and all sorts of stuff.
I wet my head with warm water.  I then apply shaving gel.  I tend to go for sensitive skin type.  I use an Azor razor but the Mach 3 should do you fine.
Go with the grain to get the bulk of stubble off and rinse the razor frequently.  Go against the grain to get a closer shave.  Keep the number of strokes with the razor down to avoid rash.
I normally shower after and just use regular shower gel.

This works for me.  You'll probably need to experiment to find what works for you.

Offline Anil_Sharma

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 09:59:29 AM »

exfoliate with apricot face scrub(every other day, no more then 3 times a week), rinse, apply conditioner, let it sit for a couple of minutes, rinse, apply your gel/soap/cream of choice, shave, then cold water rinse, and finally apply either headlube or aloe moisturiser if I have a bit of irritaiton.

Well, I haven't had success with the conditioner method. I tried the exact same way, but my stubble is a bit too stubborn. I bought a 5 blade razor now, I will try the same method again tomorrow when I shower. Moreover, I don't have any issues of irritation inspite of repeated ATG strokes. However, the dome is still pretty rough, no matter how many strokes I make the hair is still there on the razor. I let the conditioner set in for about 4 minutes and a further 4 minutes for the shave gel to settle.

Offline Anil_Sharma

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 10:34:20 AM »
So guys, umm sorry for the bad picture quality. I look ridiculously dark, anyway here it goes nothing

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 01:18:52 PM »
Anil, the picture looks good! When you rinse, it is better to use an ice cube or cold water. They're good for preventing bumps especially on darker colored men like us...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

theman

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 02:09:56 PM »
Well that kinda blows lol, the oil was 10$ a bottle. Anyway, I got this safety razor which has a disposable blade(old school), you are talking about that kinda razor right? Kinda hard to control though, I will stick to Mach3(yeah thats the name, the brands are still the same its just that I forgot 'em). I will take a few pictures and post them here ASAP.
Baby oil as far as I am concerned works great, depending where you live and what you get it is Improvise, Addapt , and Overcome. 

You are looking very good !   O0

Offline Anil_Sharma

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2012, 02:47:43 AM »
Anil, the picture looks good! When you rinse, it is better to use an ice cube or cold water. They're good for preventing bumps especially on darker colored men like us...

Will do that when I shower in a while.

You are looking very good !   O0

Thanks a ton, means a lot to me :)

Enter your email address: