Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 899828 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #1440 on: July 01, 2014, 12:32:00 PM »
Wow, ksshane, Rusty and Zetaeffe....Like how those beards are developing....I have some work to do, mine looks like a domino in some places....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1441 on: July 01, 2014, 12:49:06 PM »
Thank you very much for the compliments! :-)
Yes am the owner of the BBCM group of yhaoo, and yes, started shaving in May 1996... now that I think it's more than 18 years as a bald man! you too close to 15 years?? that's great indeed!

As for the BBCM group did we use to chat in the past? can't remember of you on Yahoo.
it's a pity but in the last few years, since fb become popular, the yahoo!groups got used less and less and I lost contact with many bald fellows... now am trying to get in touch again with them, but it's very difficult :-(

I probably didn't discover that site until 1998 or 1999.  Looking back it's funny how the decision to shave my head seemed as tough, if not tougher, than just about any other decision I have ever made. And it was just friggin' hair!  I have literally shaved my head over 5000 times since making that decision and it just seems so funny looking back at how I debated and hedged and procrastinated, and then even tried it out for a week before giving it up and waiting another year before making the permanent change.

During that time I moved away, moved back home, and then moved back.  I remember one guy on your site (one of those that makes you think "I wouldn't be so uncertain about this if I looked like THAT") mentioned living from a town near the area I had moved to and then moved away from.  Years after I moved back I spotted this oddly familiar guy working at a local store and then it suddenly hit me that I me this is him. 

I'm basically that guy who shouts "That's [obscure character] from [movie/tv show]!" when watching something and I am often right (I am forced to goto IMDB to confirm my hunch or else I am distracted from the movie until I do).

Of course I'm not going to go up and ask him, but every time I see him in that store it drives me crazy to prove I'm right and I cannot go to IMDB with this one! lol.  Another thing about him is that I think his avatar from that site was taken and used in a weird Photoshop picture that I first saw used as a user posting to my company's Yahoo stock board years ago when my old employer was rumored to be getting bought out.

I always liked that crazy photo and have used it for my own stuff from time to time.   :D
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1442 on: July 01, 2014, 12:57:55 PM »
Wow, ksshane, Rusty and Zetaeffe....Like how those beards are developing....I have some work to do, mine looks like a domino in some places....
Thanks for the compliment!

A domino?  The toy or the pizza?
I've been pretty pleased with mine lately and the one thing I've learned is that more is more.  Most of my problems were caused by cutting off too much area or too much length and I didn't notice until I decided to go far outside my comfort zone and honestly try something else.  I was basically doing what I saw other guys doing and thought it "had" to be done that way and it always looked like sh*t.  I should really scan the rest of my photo collection into my computer and post some of them where it was short and butchered.  It wasn't until I decided to go off on my own that I finally got it right.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1443 on: July 01, 2014, 03:41:14 PM »
When I say domino, when I go for the longer and wider beard, I end up with gray spots and holes that don't grow with the rest of the beard.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1444 on: July 01, 2014, 04:53:20 PM »
The full beard is looking good.  Once you get the bug to grow it out, it ca be hard to stop.
SlyBeard

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1445 on: July 01, 2014, 08:42:10 PM »

I probably didn't discover that site until 1998 or 1999.  Looking back it's funny how the decision to shave my head seemed as tough, if not tougher, than just about any other decision I have ever made. And it was just friggin' hair!  I have literally shaved my head over 5000 times since making that decision and it just seems so funny looking back at how I debated and hedged and procrastinated, and then even tried it out for a week before giving it up and waiting another year before making the permanent change.

A lot of us have done that.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #1446 on: July 01, 2014, 10:14:51 PM »
Now that Im fairly comfortable with my slyness.... Its time to work on the beard.
It's pretty awesome as is.

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #1447 on: August 15, 2014, 05:21:59 PM »
Trying to resurrect a thread. After shaving it off in February, I've been letting the beard grow longer again.

Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1448 on: August 15, 2014, 07:14:26 PM »
Looks good.  How long are you planning to go?

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #1449 on: August 15, 2014, 07:17:29 PM »
Looks good, Imaginary.

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #1450 on: August 16, 2014, 07:16:37 AM »
Thanks guys. No real plans on length yet.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1451 on: August 16, 2014, 07:34:24 AM »
Great beard.
SlyBeard

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #1452 on: August 16, 2014, 07:36:39 AM »
Add another vote of approval imaginary.  I don't have plans for specific length either.  I just know I'm not cutting my beard any time soon because I regretted cutting it a few months back.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1453 on: August 16, 2014, 08:47:42 AM »
Great looking beard Imaginary, I like the length now and how you trimmed it down in front of your ears.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #1454 on: August 17, 2014, 04:38:24 PM »
Thanks guys.