Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 899641 times)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #1425 on: June 30, 2014, 08:43:07 AM »
That beard is looking good on you ksshane.  How long do you plan to go with it?
SlyBeard

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1426 on: June 30, 2014, 08:49:24 AM »
The beard looks great, ksshane.  Don't see that too much work is needed!

Offline ksshane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1427 on: June 30, 2014, 09:01:02 AM »
Slybeard,

If my beard would get to your length I would be a happy man.

As a younger man I had a long goatee...  Looked great right out of the shower (about 9" long if I remember correctly), but my hair is so curly by the time it dried out it was only about 2 to 3" long...lol

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1428 on: June 30, 2014, 11:28:02 AM »
Looks great!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #1429 on: June 30, 2014, 03:36:47 PM »
The beard looks terrific. How long have you been growing it? Like the glasses, too.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #1430 on: June 30, 2014, 05:11:45 PM »
Looks good, ksshane. O0

Offline ksshane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1431 on: July 01, 2014, 06:50:39 AM »
The beard looks terrific. How long have you been growing it? Like the glasses, too.

Ive probably been growing it for about 3 weeks now.  Trimmed the sides once so far.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1432 on: July 01, 2014, 09:29:28 AM »
I decided to post a quick beard selfie, but good lord Photobucket is such an awful mobile website it took a half hour and 3 web browsers to do it.  Here's a sho from today;

The sides are the longest they've ever been at around 4", and I like the extra length, but it's starting not blend well with the long rolled up goatee.  Im close to the point where I want cut off the chin to around 4-5" to blend in with the rest but I just can't do it! Lol
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1433 on: July 01, 2014, 10:31:50 AM »
It looks fine to me -- at least foe  what I can tell from the photo.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #1434 on: July 01, 2014, 11:21:45 AM »
recently am letting my beard grow a bit, so I thought it would be appropriate to post a pic here  ;)

Love the bald/beard combo, and the shiny scalp too!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1435 on: July 01, 2014, 11:29:05 AM »
Looks good. How much longer do you plan to let it get?

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1436 on: July 01, 2014, 11:54:41 AM »

until it goes "out of control"  ;D

Seriously, the problem is that I have some white hair mixed in the dark hair, and it grows faster than the dark hair, so after a while it doesn't look good because the white hair gets longer.

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1437 on: July 01, 2014, 11:55:37 AM »
recently am letting my beard grow a bit, so I thought it would be appropriate to post a pic here  ;)

Love the bald/beard combo, and the shiny scalp too!

Looks good.  I've been finding myself slowly becoming more and more of a fan of beards over goatees since I finally figured out how to do it right.  I also remember you as the owner of the BBCY and mentioned being 15 years sly when I was still debating.  Now here I am at 1 month to my own 15 year anniversary. 

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1438 on: July 01, 2014, 12:04:53 PM »

until it goes "out of control"  ;D

Seriously, the problem is that I have some white hair mixed in the dark hair, and it grows faster than the dark hair, so after a while it doesn't look good because the white hair gets longer.

Until it goes "out of control" is the idea I adopted a couple months ago, and the weird thing is that it's not doing that.  I keep expecting it to become more and more unruly with each day, but is almost seems to be getting easier to control.  I think as soon as it gets enough mass that it is forced to flow downwards that that will be my limit.

I do have the exact same issue with the random gray hairs because they stand out plain as day against the dark beard so I tend to cut the annoying ones off.  Colored beards are good, gray beards are good, but grayING beards suck! :*))  I was using Just for Men, but then I started using Beard Balms and oils more heavily and I think it prevents the dye from working well.  Even though I would thoroughly wash the beard before applying the color I think a trace amount must still be present and blocks the dye from adhering.   

At this point I think I'm looking forward to it turning gray because I'd like to dye it blonde or a light brown just to see what it would look like, and I think that only works if when hair itself is already lightly colored (and I don't want to bleach it).

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1439 on: July 01, 2014, 12:07:31 PM »

Looks good.  I've been finding myself slowly becoming more and more of a fan of beards over goatees since I finally figured out how to do it right.  I also remember you as the owner of the BBCY and mentioned being 15 years sly when I was still debating.  Now here I am at 1 month to my own 15 year anniversary.

Thank you very much for the compliments! :-)
Yes am the owner of the BBCM group of yhaoo, and yes, started shaving in May 1996... now that I think it's more than 18 years as a bald man! you too close to 15 years?? that's great indeed!

As for the BBCM group did we use to chat in the past? can't remember of you on Yahoo.
it's a pity but in the last few years, since fb become popular, the yahoo!groups got used less and less and I lost contact with many bald fellows... now am trying to get in touch again with them, but it's very difficult :-(
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:09:32 PM by zetaeffe »