Author Topic: Hair outline still visable  (Read 14245 times)

skinheader

Hair outline still visable
« on: June 23, 2012, 05:42:07 AM »
I shaved my head fully sly for the first time a week ago. I could still see the outline of where my hair was. It is now a week on and my hair had grown back to a #2 length (my hair grows fast), so i decided to shave it again and the same thing happens, i can still see the outline of where my hair was. Is this normal? Did i not shave close enough? do i need to tan it? Maybe i should just keep it clipped to a 0 perhaps. No point in shaving it all off if i can still see the outline for my hair.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hair outline still visable
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 05:51:32 AM »
Don't get too worked up....Many of us guys have MPB that even after the closest shave, we can tell where our hair can still grow....As for you, I'm assuming you're BBC, so the "shadow" you may be seeing are hair follicles. Most people can't see it, except maybe another bald guy, but there are ways to minimize the appearance of your hairline. How often do you shave? Do you shave ATG or WTG? The thing about head shaving is it's an ongoing process to improve and experimenting is part of that process. I've been sly (permanently) since April 2008 and I'm still checking the forum for tips I have never tried before. Also, if you're a new shaver, it's going to take some time for your scalp to adjust to the hair not growing out; maybe you do need to tan it a little...Good Luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 08:33:56 AM »
maybe you do need to tan it a little...Good Luck!

Great tips from sirharry. I'd like to emphasize this one. A tan, or at least some color, tends to make it less noticeable.
There's not much you can do to make it disappear entirely, especially if you are BBC. Just remember though, that you'll always notice it more than anyone else.
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 09:02:59 AM »
A friend of mine (auto mechanic) with thick brown hair and nice reddish brown stache to balance the look is BBC from apx. Apr-Oct.  He has a shadow but nice tan (he said he uses SPF+50 lotion) so it looks awesome.  He's single but never at lack for lady dates ... LOL ... I always tell him it must be that bald head shine !

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 11:15:33 AM »
Hi there Skin header.  I had the same issues.  But after almost two months, the head is tanned, the scalp seem more resilient and it just looks better.  You kinda get used to it, and as pointed out by Sir Harry, people don’t really pay much attention to this attribute of BBC.  That is also one of the reasons I like to shave daily.  Other than that I think there is not much we can do about it.

Also, I think I applied too much cream to my head after shaving in the beginning.  That sort of delays the “maturing scalp” process in my opinion.

"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 11:36:45 AM »
Hi,

Even if you shave as close as possible ATG and get a nice natural tan after a few months, there's a good chance your shadow will still be seen. 

The prominence of your hair shadow is mostly dependant on the contrast between your skin color and hair color.  If you have light skin and dark hair you will always have a shadow and there's no way to get around it.  If you have blond or grey hair your shadow will be less noticeable or non-existent. 

I've gotten used to it, and even when I get a nice summer tan the sides and back of my head still appear lighter than the top and my face (always use sunscreen!  O0), but less so after a few years of shaving and being exposed to the sun.  In many lighting settings your shadow is not noticeable and usually the only people that truly notice are yourself and other bald guys!  Also, with a 0 clipper cut you can't have an awesome smooth dome!     
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 11:59:56 AM »
I guess there are two things that you might call the shadow.

if you don't shave your head regularly, then the scalp will be lighter than the read of your head skin. Get a tan. Keep it shaved or buzzed no guard. (I used to do this daily).

If you are Bald By Choice like I am, then there will likely be a little bit of shadow, depending upon skin and hair color.

Take a look at my profile picture (and I change it from time to time).  Is this the kind of shadow that you're talking about .

I DO find that I WANT to shave daily, as if I skip a day there IS a shadow of the fuzz, and then on the second day, it is harder to shave, etc. Takes more time. And it's really starting to show.

I love the bald look that I'm willing to shave my head daily to maintain the look and feel of a bald head. 

Offline balddoc

• Sly
  • Badass and bald to the bone.
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »
... Just remember though, that you'll always notice it more than anyone else.

Natedawg is right. No-one but sly guys notice shadow. What colour is your hair? Luckily mine is blonde, so my shadow is quite subdued. But it's there, nevertheless.
Mike

skinheader

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:56:46 AM by skinheader »

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 12:05:49 AM »
That looks totally normal. I suggest you not get overly distraught about it - Sly still rules for you.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

skinheader

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »
tnx for the encouragement. I stumbled across the official headblade site for australia, i might buy the headblade sport pack and give that a whirl. I have heard and read great things about it

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.

skinheader

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 04:57:20 AM »
Quote from: mrzed
Your photobucket is password protected, so can't see your photos.

try now

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 06:21:40 AM »
Don't worry about the hairline. You see it. Others won't.

I see my hairline. In my profile pic, you can't see it. So others won't either.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 06:29:50 AM »
Your head looks clean to me, I can't even see it (your hairline). Of course when I look in the mirror at my freshly shaved head, I can see a little shadow on the back of my head, but that's normal.....looking at Balddoc's picture, I had to practically squint to see his shadow and it wasn't too much to lose sleep over....Don't lose sleep over it, a lot of us guys have it...Anything short of alopecia, the shadow will be there slightly.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.