Author Topic: Hair outline still visable  (Read 14244 times)

Offline DaveM61

• Sly Jr.
Re: Hair outline still visable
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 08:02:45 AM »
Welcome.  I agree with many of the posts above ... you notice, others don't.  I also discovered that it took about a week or so of shaving daily for the skin to toughen up and as also noted above, getting some sun so your whole head is the same color/tan helps as well.  Good luck.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 11:51:05 AM »
I have a horseshoe shadow that is always there - - -and if I skip a day of shaving  - -it is very noticeable  - -I think we all have it  - -if we have a little hair that  still grows - - - -

Almost no one will notice it but you  - - -and other BALD guys who want to talk :  BALD TALK

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »
After shaving, which is always very close, I can see the outline  where I still have hair. I have asked several people if they can see it and they always say no.

Offline balddoc

• Sly
  • Badass and bald to the bone.
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 03:43:48 PM »
After shaving, which is always very close, I can see the outline  where I still have hair. I have asked several people if they can see it and they always say no.
+1
My vertex is balding rapidly, but no-one but me sees the ever-increasing gap in my shadow 8)
Mike

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 03:58:35 PM »
I have dark hair and fair skin which doesn't tan easily, so the shadow is always noticeable to me even after a close shave. No one else seems to notice - or mention it if they do.  The shadow is just a fact of life.

Offline bigstosh

• Sly
  • Proudly bald since May 18, 2012
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 03:53:33 PM »
I suppose that we are all our own worst critics.  Most likely, you are the only one that notices the shadow.   Since my hair is mostly grey now, I have almost no shadow on the sides and just a little on top.  One advantage of being a little older. (Or should I say more mature!) :)
Stan

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 12:50:54 AM »
Hey Skinheader, if you want to save on shipping, do you have a "shaver shop" near by? Because they stock headblade and most of the popular products that go with it too. I went in there last week and had a nice chat with them last week. by the way, what is the official headblade site for australia? If the prices are cheaper then my local shaver shop it might be something worth looking into

skinheader

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 02:34:44 AM »
http://www.shave.com.au/

http://www.shave.com.au/brands/HeadBlade.html

ive never used the headblade but i was thinking aboutgetting the starter pack. Anything over $30 spent is free delivery too
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:39:54 AM by skinheader »

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 02:58:58 AM »
Their starter pack does look good, and so does the free shipping, I can easily send 30 dollars there I think haha, for now though I think I will keep going into my local shaver shop, they have been just as informative as the guys on this forum so while I am still getting the hang of everything I highly value their knowledge :D

skinheader

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 03:07:40 AM »
I have a local shaver shop, never asked if they sell headblade though. Do you know if they have any products to stop razor bumps?

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 04:46:58 AM »
If you order your head blade equipment via the links to their ads on this site, you get a 20% discount, and SBG gets a commission. Pretty nice deal to support SBG and get a discount yourself.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 05:25:06 AM »
Meeting the headblade.com threshold for free shipping is a "no brainer." That's at least $10 more product for the same net cost.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

skinheader

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 06:03:12 AM »
If you order your head blade equipment via the links to their ads on this site, you get a 20% discount, and SBG gets a commission. Pretty nice deal to support SBG and get a discount yourself.

O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 06:06:56 AM »
Do they do free shipping to Australia though? because unfortunately I don't think they do...