Author Topic: UUUGH WHY ME!?!?  (Read 19417 times)

Offline beanerdawg

• Sly Guy in Training
UUUGH WHY ME!?!?
« on: May 06, 2012, 11:05:10 AM »
So, I'm 26 and in the last 6 months noticed my rapidly thinning hair. Others haven't noticed yet (that I know of) but at the rate I'm losing it, it seems like it's only a matter of weeks/months.

Also, in this time I started a long distance relationship with this amazing girl.(Met in person through mutual friends) We talk daily, but we only get to see each other every 4-6 weeks, but hopefully within the next 12-18 months she will be moving my way.

The issue is now that I'm losing my hair she knows me as the guy with hair and isn't with me day to day getting used to the gradual transformation of losing hair.

I'm thinking within the next 4-6 months I'm going to have to buzz it down to the skin.  My biggest fear is that this will scare her away from me. Do I bring up casually what she would think if I buzzed my hair? Do I do it when I visit her or she visits me, so she can see it as it happens and not be so shocked by it????:-\

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: UUUGH WHY ME!?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 11:28:31 AM »
She should be looking at your characters as points that matter in life.  Hair is external.

Going bald is just normal part of life.  Should not make a difference. The are some very handsome men out there (on here on SBG) that are bald or shave their heads.

Offline Tg96

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »
U should tell her what u told us, if she stops liking you cuz of your hairloss, then she isn't worth your time.

Those who matter.... don't mind, those who mind...don't matter.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: Re: UUUGH WHY ME!?!?
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »
[/quote]

^^^^ so true... If she truly likes you for who you are vs. what is on your head (or lack there of) then this is a none issue... If the opposite is true, then cut your loses...

Cheers,
Ro

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »
If she's going to dump you because of your hair, thank your lucky stars that you'll find out that she wasn't really all that into you to begin with before too much longer passes.

If, on the other hand, it's really you she wants, your hair should be irrelevant.

A significant percentage of the male population experiences hair loss. So there's no "why me?" about it. No need to feel singled out.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 01:42:31 PM »
U should tell her what u told us, if she stops liking you cuz of your hairloss, then she isn't worth your time.

Do what tg has said its good advice

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »
I echo what the rest f the guys said. If she REALLY is amazing, she won't care about the hair.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline beanerdawg

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 02:26:16 PM »
So I asked her what she thought about me buzzing it down and she said she likes that look...Now I'm thinning along the temples and generally all-over. Whats a good length to minimize the appearance of thinning? No guard, or #1? How often should I buzz...

Offline Tg96

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »
The best way to minimize the look of thinning would be to go all the way bald...

Sounds like your making choices based on what she wants, which in the long term isnt gonna benefit your or anyone at that. Do YOU.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 12:58:02 AM »
The best way to minimize the look of thinning would be to go all the way bald...

Sounds like your making choices based on what she wants, which in the long term isnt gonna benefit your or anyone at that. Do YOU.

Amen!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 02:37:04 PM »

Amen!

I second that!

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 06:51:46 PM »
I... third it! In the end, no matter how amazing she is, and how much you care about her, it's you that lives in that melon 24/7, and so it's you you gets to choose the decor! She's said she likes the look, so take that as it comes, you're free to do it and experience the freedom that comes with it.  O0 Good luck!

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 01:27:18 AM »
Honesty is a starting point , tell her ,

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 04:53:31 AM »
Here's my thoughts...

I wouldn't tell her, I'd just do it!

And then don't make such a big deal of it... when she comments, just say something like, "I just fancied a change,"

By asking her it shows to her that you can't make your own decisions... by just doing it you reveal yourself as strong and confident man! She will find this far more attractive...

Balding is just nature. Bald is a choice.

Offline The Baron

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 11:54:25 PM »
I understand your situation all too well my friend. I was in a similar situation about five years ago. I met a nice woman in a myspace chat room. I made her laugh with a few jokes. She invited me to chat privately a few minutes later. After chatting in private for a few minutes we exchanged phone numbers. She told me that she was going to call me  right away. Sure enough, less than a minute later the phone rang. It was her and we talked for well over two hours. She was a very kind and sweet woman. We had a very pleasant conversation. I established a good rapport with her. She told me that I was very intelligent and had a great personality. I felt the same way about her and told her so.

She called me almost everyday during the following week. We spoke at length each time she called. The calls lasted an hour or two. We talked about everything from politics to sex. Yes, I even managed to get her to talk about sex. I was able to earn her trust. She felt relaxed and at ease when she spoke to me. She also told me that I had a soothing voice and how she loved to hear me speak. She even talked about coming to visit me. Yes, everything seemed to be going well. That is until she asked me to email her a photo of myself. I had already told her that I was bald. She told me that it did not matter to her. That all seemed to change after I sent her a photo. She called me the next day to tell me that she was no longer interested in me. She gave me the "let's just be friends" talk. I thanked her for giving me a chance, even though she really didn't. I also wished her well. I don't harbor any anger or bad feelings toward her. You can't make someone fall in love with you. It either happens or it doesn't. I will tell you this, it really hurt. Not just my pride, but also my heart.  :'(

The moral of the story is simple. Women do care about hair, even if they tell you otherwise. We all know that women never say what they really mean. They speak using a coded language that only other women can understand. From my perspective you have two options. Save up some money for prostitutes or prepare for a life of celibacy.   b@n*

Good luck my friend. You are going to need it.  !*!rat3