Author Topic: UUUGH WHY ME!?!?  (Read 19415 times)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: UUUGH WHY ME!?!?
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2012, 07:46:24 PM »
beaner ... you seem impatient (which I understand) but that can be a bit off-putting to a girl. It was just four days ago that you wrote "things didn't work out" with the gal. You'd not mentioned anything a few days before, so I'm assuming the break happened in that time - so about a week ago.

You may unintentionally be broadcasting "desperation" which can be intimidating. Are you content just going out on your own and enjoying being amongst people but not necessary with someone? I'd say that's the first step ... because if you are totally at ease being by yourself you will demonstrate confidence which is probably the most attractive characteristic in a person.

Just my two cents, and it's worth what you paid :-)

"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »
Are you content just going out on your own and enjoying being amongst people but not necessary with someone? I'd say that's the first step ... because if you are totally at ease being by yourself you will demonstrate confidence which is probably the most attractive characteristic in a person.

Someone buy this man a beer! Sage advice.

Offline beanerdawg

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2012, 08:13:37 PM »
beaner ... you seem impatient (which I understand) but that can be a bit off-putting to a girl. It was just four days ago that you wrote "things didn't work out" with the gal. You'd not mentioned anything a few days before, so I'm assuming the break happened in that time - so about a week ago.

You may unintentionally be broadcasting "desperation" which can be intimidating. Are you content just going out on your own and enjoying being amongst people but not necessary with someone? I'd say that's the first step ... because if you are totally at ease being by yourself you will demonstrate confidence which is probably the most attractive characteristic in a person.

Just my two cents, and it's worth what you paid :-)

We actually broke up about 2 months ago. I sort of took a month to get my thoughts straight and then I decided recently to give this a try. I'm almost positive I'm not giving off desperate vibes...I've consulted with a few different people and have been follow their advice.

Just seems frustrating as the only issue that I can see is a physical attraction based on photos. Oh well...I guess I'll try sending out another 75+emails.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2012, 08:14:58 PM »
Someone buy this man a beer! Sage advice.

Thanks ... now, all the Sly guys belly up to the bar!
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2012, 01:07:58 AM »
@Frontierguy, excellent advice;  "Give that man a Bells!"
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline The Baron

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 04:39:07 PM »
This is getting old. I have had about 5 or 6 responses. I send a second email and don't hear back. I don't come across as overly aggressive or creepy.(I asked a female friend of mine) One girl and I IM'ed back and forth for an hour, exchanged FB profiles and I gave her my cell#. Haven't heard from her. I must be more hideous than I thought....
Hello again beanerdawg,

I understand your frustration and emotional distress. The dating world can be very challenging. It can try your patience and test your faith in humanity. It can even effect your mental and physical health if you allow it. It's important to maintain perspective. Don't allow yourself to go on an emotional roller coaster. If you do, you will become a prisoner of your own mind. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience. Don't allow your mind to go to that dark place. There is hope for you my friend.  :)

I don't think that you are coming across as creepy or overly aggressive. I also don't think that you appear desperate. It's possible, but not likely. I believe your problem has a lot to do with your age. Women in your age range are always in great demand. These young ladies have a much larger pool of men to choose from. For that reason, they can be more selective than their male counterparts. The playing field for dating is not a level one. Women tend to hold most of the cards. However, things tend to shift later in life. After about 30 years old the field starts to level. I'm not telling you that you have to wait until you are 30. I'm just letting you know that the situation does improve over time.

Here is my advice, maintain perspective. Remember that these ladies have many more options than you. Don't get hung up on one woman until you know that she is serious and sincere. Keep trying, don't give up on the process. Love is well worth the effort. You may get a lot of nos, but you only need one yes. You are a hunter. Stay in the hunt until you bag yourself a babe. She is out there and she wants you to come get her.

Take care buddy  O0

Offline beanerdawg

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2012, 03:59:07 PM »
So...the ex wants me back.    :-\