Author Topic: to be or not be ... Bald  (Read 10136 times)

JohnMont

to be or not be ... Bald
« on: May 04, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »
Hey guys.  I'm a borderline guy; wanting to shave but reluctant for god knows what reasons.  have read many of the posts here; and a lot o fyou guys have expressed the same fears; hesitations I have.  So, i'd like to post a couple of pics and see if you guys think I should go for it ...  Frank honest evaluations appreciated.
John

KALBO

Re: to be or not be ... Bald
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 12:29:48 PM »
Welcome JohnMont!

To be frank and honest...JUST DO IT!  You won't regret it once you go SLY!  O0

BaldRob

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 12:41:07 PM »
Welcome to SBG John!

From the looks of your pictures, you're pretty close anyways... You could always put a 30-day plan into effect:  Shave it off for 30 days and then re-evaluate at the end of it.  If you're comfortable with a shaved head, then keep it sly... also, ask for honest opinions from friends and family.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 12:48:37 PM »
I agree with the others, you're already close. Go ahead and shave it, give it 30 days and see what you think.

Welcome to the site too!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 12:50:28 PM »
Bro, to tell you the truth, from what I am seeing you might look younger if you just shave it off already.  I mean, the remaining thin white hair adds years ya know.  Adopt the Shave, I think it could cut some years off your persona.

GO FOR IT!  I GOT'YA BACK!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 12:52:43 PM by MR. CLEAN »
Peace

BALDANDRE

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 01:16:38 PM »
Truthfully I thought the bottom picture was the "after" at first! You would look great and it is true...

having a clean shaved head IS the fountain of youth, my friend...

Next week I turn 40! O0

JohnMont

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 01:31:11 PM »
Truthfully I thought the bottom picture was the "after" at first! You would look great and it is true...

having a clean shaved head IS the fountain of youth, my friend...

Next week I turn 40! O0
   I turned 53 a few months ago.  curious as to what you think my age was.  I admit, the thought of "shaving" years off my appearance is a turn on !

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 01:45:22 PM »
Welcome JohnMont,
Am relatively new to the sly look , just going on 3 weeks now. I went through the same fears and hesitations that you are probably going through now.  The reactions to my bald head  have been overwhelmingly positive from family, , friends, and co workers; and the most common one is that I look 10 years younger (51 here). It is a simple step to take years off of your appearance.
 I say go for it, especially since you are so close already. The change will be subtle since you are so close, but from what I have seen so far with others is that it is better.  Completely sly looks much better than trying to hold on with just a few hairs left.  If it doesn't work for you, you can always grow it back.
Good luck with your decision, and you have come to the right place for advice and support.

Mike

BALDANDRE

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 01:55:01 PM »
 I turned 53 a few months ago.  curious as to what you think my age was.  I admit, the thought of "shaving" years off my appearance is a turn on !

I would have pegged you around 46-47...this is the truth...you will look like you are in your early 40's for sure and thruthfully speaking, i would shave off the moustache or do a goat....the stache is quick way to 'date' a guy's age..

not many in the younger crowd these days! ;)

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 01:56:58 PM »
Mikesj, I would have said early 40s...

John, welcome to the site, go for it, what do you have to lose? There are a lot of positives that will come out of it, not to mention looking younger and feeling/looking confident.

Give it a try. You won't regret it  O0

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 01:58:08 PM »
From one John to another. Shave er' down. I did it back in Dec. and haven't looked back since.

Welcome. There are a lot of great guys here, with great advice.

jp_bald

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 02:31:15 PM »
I also tapeworm fear to shave nonwise like reactionary my family but until now all this good so welcome greeting of jp_bald

guys!  excuse my bad english 

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 02:37:17 PM »
JP, no worries Bro, half the time a good percentage of us are speaking the Language of "Beer Goggles" if you know what I am saying!  By the way, Welcome Player. 

My Famdamly is getting use to it as well.  For every bro that thinks twice about doing it just due to his families reaction [With the exception being the spouse]... DO IT!!! Believe me, the new look will grow on 'em.
Peace

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 02:41:21 PM »
Hey John, you're so close as it is!  Give it the ol' shave to see how you like it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 03:21:54 PM »
Welcome John...Go for it, like the others have said you are almost there already and from the pics you are going to rock the sly look.    I too am in my 50's and tell ya it is great not seeing those gray hairs staring back to remind ya. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Enter your email address: